Magic Believe This Is Their Year

A.K.

While the large banner hanging from the ceiling of the Orlando Magic's practice facility celebrates last season's trip to the Finals, it serves as motivation more than anything.

A framed picture of Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson watching from the bench as the Los Angeles Lakers celebrated their title on the Magic's court hangs in the team's training room.

These little reminders of just how close Orlando came to winning the championship last season were placed throughout the facility to ignite a flame in the players. The atmosphere in Orlando is different than ever before. The goal is to win a championship and anything less will be considered a failure.

"We're not satisfied at all," said point guard Jameer Nelson. "You have to win a championship to feel satisfied. And then win another. We're a good team but we're not a great team yet because we haven't won a title."

Each day, the players are reminded of the task at hand.

"From day one, when I looked around and saw the pictures of the championship trophy on each locker, I knew I was in a different place," said power forward Brandon Bass, who signed with the team this summer. "This is my kind of team. I chose to come here because I'm all about winning. This organization is all about winning. This is a championship caliber team."

READ THE REST: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13931

Anyways I think its going to be tougher for Orlando to repeat or even win it this year. Whereas the Celtics and Cavs gained alot and the east for another year got stronger. I understand they also did get stronger but I feel like it will take some time for Carter and the rest of the team to come together. With Hedo he was more of a play maker as well, and did not really not to always have the ball the be effective. While with Carter, he has always been the go to guy and would have the ball in his hand most of the time. I liked what the Orlando had last season than what they have this year.

With the line up they have now, I just don't see it. They only have 2 players from their previous championship lineup. They lost possibly their best offensive player and clutch player in Hedo and a growing defender and playmaker (and quite possibly a future all star) in Lee, only to be replaced by an aging star player and a bench caliber PF, and Pietrus isn't a worthy starter either. These dots the magic are seeing here are completely invisible to me.

4th seed at most for the Magic next year, and out in the 2nd round is their ceiling for playoff success. Their goal is championship and no less? Yeah...right. I doubt they'll still be saying that by mid season.

With the line up they have now, I just don't see it. They only have 2 players from their previous championship lineup. They lost possibly their best offensive player and clutch player in Hedo and a growing defender and playmaker (and quite possibly a future all star) in Lee, only to be replaced by an aging star player and a bench caliber PF, and Pietrus isn't a worthy starter either. These dots the magic are seeing here are completely invisible to me.

4th seed at most for the Magic next year, and out in the 2nd round is their ceiling for playoff success. Their goal is championship and no less? Yeah...right. I doubt they'll still be saying that by mid season.

Wow... seriously?

• Like 1