Mavs Prepared To Offer Kidd $8M Per Year

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban planned to meet with Jason Kidd at midnight on Tuesday in New York City.

The New York Daily News wrote early Wednesday that "the Mavs will offer Kidd a contract starting at $8 million per over two years with an option for a third."

The Knicks are interested in Kidd as well, but can only offer him the $5.8 million mid-level exception unless they negotiate a sign-and-trade with Dallas.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60242/20090701/mavs_prepared_to_offer_kidd_$8m_per_year/

• Owner

Doesn't make any sense for Dallas OR Kidd. Neither of them are going to be happy with this, minus Jason being happy with the money. I don't think he wants to play in Dallas, and I don't see why Dallas would want to keep Kidd in their offense.

$8 million a season with a player option (right?) in third year...that's pretty crazy for him.

Amen. Let JJ run this team, let him breakout and run the Offense

Exactly. We didn't let Devin run the offense when he was here and look what happens once we got rid of him. Bam. All-Star. I don't want JJ's talent to be sheltered like Devin's