Bulls are going to be very good

Let's go to the point why I think that is... they added these James Johnson and Taj Gibson.

1.) Stress on James Johnson. This guy is huge for a SF, but his ball handling and passing are incredible. I mean by incredible, you should check them out... no wonder Bulls fans on RealGM nicknamed him Magic Johnson... I thought wtf are they talking about... but you have to see him. He's going to create a lot of mismatch and opportunities for the team, who often had to rely on Salmons' one-on-one or Rose's creativity. But this guy passes on the break, kicks out off penetration, and do pick and rolls. On the break, he's tough to guard because of his size, speed and ball handling. He gives them a lot of options on offense. I know it's pre-season but it gives you a glimpse of what's ahead... his blowing by defenders so effortlessly, you add a guy like this on your team, your offense just becomes much more versatile. When he shoots, the form looks just like Paul Pierce and probably has Dirk's rainbow arc...

He should be tough to defend for years to come. It's a pre-season game, but you don't have those moves around defenders in "easier" games... guy got skills. I wouldn't predict ROY but he should be automatic for rookie challenge game. His coach seems enamored with him too, running a lot of plays for him.

2.) And the second rookie is Taj Gibson, who is a classic PF who hustles, boxes out, rebounds, does dity work, drains 10-15 footers, finishes with dunks when he has to, makes the right plays, finds players who cut or come off the screen. He gives them a solid PF who's ready to contribute right away. He's phsyical and gives them toughness.

---

Build on last season performance... with Derrick Rose and Deng healthy... Salmons who is still a dangerous scorer and tough cover and Tyrus who some nights is a nightmare on both ends... and add the versatility of Johnson and toughness of Gibson, they're going to be very very good. Should be right behind Cavs, Celtics, Magic.

Edited by Snake

• Owner

A lot of guys are looking pretty good in the preseason. I'm not really sure if the superstars are trying out there, while rookies are trying to prove themselves early.

Having Rose, Deng, Hinrich, Salmons, Noah and Thomas...that's pretty good already, considering Rose could be one of the best point guards in the league this season.

Behind the Cavs, Magic and Celtics? Yeah, that's understandable. I can't really say that the Bulls will be a 50-win team, though...and there are a couple of teams who have the potential to win 50, if they actually stay healthy or are well-coached (Wizards, Pistons are two of them, possibly the Heat depending on how well Beasley performs).

Chicago is one superstar shooting guard (Wade) away from a dominating, contending team, though.

Both Gibson and Johnson look better than I expected, but it's only preseason. Until the games start to matter it means nothing.

To me this team is really hard to get a read on. Personally I don't think they'll be that good, 38 wins is my prediction. If somebody from the future told me that they'd win 50 games I could see it happening, at the same time if they said 25 wins I'd have no trouble believing them. It's going to depend on a lot of things going right.

I guarantee both Gibson and Johnson are going to get lots of minutes. Barring any issues, such as attitude, being late to practices, fight, trouble making.

Gibson might just be a starter ahead of Tyrus, who can look one of the better PFs one night, but one of the worst another night. Gibson is a lot more consistent, he doesn't flash, he is solid, and just gets the job done with rebounding and toughness. His jumpers and finishings around basket are extras on top. I'd say he'd get at least 25 mpg in his rookie year.

Less certain is Johnson. He's the more talented, but can he bring the same results in regular season games? Can he be consistent? Everyone can see he's unselfish, but will he balance it with his own scoring? Everyone can see he's flash but can he back it with productivity? If yes, he'd make the Bulls from good 39-40 wins to special 47-51 wins. My prediction is anything from 18 mpg - 30 mpg (especially if Deng gets hurt again).