Who was better in their prime? Brian Urlacher or Ray Lewis?

reno

Both were beastly linebackers, but in your opinion, who was better in their prime? Here are the key stats for both players in their first 7 years in the league.

Ray Lewis

-----------

Int: 14

Sacks: 19.5

Forced Fumbles: 4

Safety: 1

Brian Urlacher

---------------

Int: Int:10

Sacks: 32.5

Forced Fumbles: 8

Safeties: 0

Def TD: 1

Urlacher helped revolutionize the middle linebacker position, while Ray Lewis was very physical at what he did.

Both were beastly linebackers, but in your opinion, who was better in their prime? Here are the key stats for both players in their first 7 years in the league.

Ray Lewis

-----------

Int: 14

Sacks: 19.5

Forced Fumbles: 4

Safety: 1

Brian Urlacher

---------------

Int: Int:10

Sacks: 32.5

Forced Fumbles: 8

Safeties: 0

Def TD: 1

Urlacher helped revolutionize the middle linebacker position, while Ray Lewis was very physical at what he did.

Urlacher helped revolutionize the Cover/Tampa 2 Middle linebacker position, introducing an undersized, yet agile linebacker can make it in the NFL. The MIKE was revolutionized a long time before Urlacher, who was a converted safety after all.

I'll take Ray Lewis.

Wow cause of 4 more picks? Look at tha sack ratio people...

Brian Urlacher still has more tackles/sacks than Ray... so far... and we all know Urlacher has health probs. Only thing Ray did was pick it off more.

All you're doing is looking at stats and making a blind opinion.

Stats mean nothing, because Lewis is and was far better at being a leader, leading by example, making plays when they needed to be made and being the feircest linebacker in the last ten years. He plays a smashmouth breed of football. Urlacher is a converted safety who's toughness is hid in a cupcake Tampa 2 the last few years.

All you're doing is looking at stats and making a blind opinion.

Stats mean nothing, because Lewis is and was far better at being a leader, leading by example, making plays when they needed to be made and being the feircest linebacker in the last ten years. He plays a smashmouth breed of football. Urlacher is a converted safety who's toughness is hid in a cupcake Tampa 2 the last few years.

Yes cause urlacher played in the cover 2 system his whole career :rolleyes: And your telling me urlacher has not made plays when needed to be? Hellooo, cardinals game anyone? But I guess since urlacher is not a killer, that makes him soft, go figure.

Yes cause urlacher played in the cover 2 system his whole career :rolleyes: And your telling me urlacher has not made plays when needed to be? Hellooo, cardinals game anyone? But I guess since urlacher is not a killer, that makes him soft, go figure.

I know Urlacher makes plays. Most middle linebackers have to do so. Go figure, huh? He simply does not make as many plays as Lewis.

Not too mention Urlacher has been injury prone over the last two seasons. Why can't he go for the rest of the year? A wrist injury? Aw, that's too bad. What is that now, three years of being continually injured?

Someone's reading comprehensions off. I'm pretty sure I said he played in the Cover 2 system the past few years. You know it's a soft defense, it's vanilla for a team that doesn't know how to put the nail in the coffin on an offense.

Wow cause of 4 more picks? Look at tha sack ratio people...

Brian Urlacher still has more tackles/sacks than Ray... so far... and we all know Urlacher has health probs. Only thing Ray did was pick it off more.

Stop looking at stats, if you actually watched the game you would know Ray Lewis is clearly the better player.

• Like 1

You didn't prove anything though. Just stating simple stats and just saying it's your opinion isn't worth anything at all. Why is Urlacher better then Ray Lewis?

Clutch had the worst reason anyways.

Yeah, Urlacher never made any plays on the ball, and wasn't a true leader on his teams defense. [expletive] this shouldn't even be a comparison , am I right?

Ray Lewis alllllllll day baby, I mean I forgot just how much of a beast he was. He does have a sb ring!

Yeah, Urlacher never made any plays on the ball, and wasn't a true leader on his teams defense. [expletive] this shouldn't even be a comparison , am I right?

Ray Lewis alllllllll day baby, I mean I forgot just how much of a beast he was. He does have a sb ring!

Well it's obvious, same reason Tony Romo isn't good, he can't win big games.

• Like 1

I know Urlacher makes plays. Most middle linebackers have to do so. Go figure, huh? He simply does not make as many plays as Lewis.

Not too mention Urlacher has been injury prone over the last two seasons. Why can't he go for the rest of the year? A wrist injury? Aw, that's too bad. What is that now, three years of being continually injured?

Someone's reading comprehensions off. I'm pretty sure I said he played in the Cover 2 system the past few years. You know it's a soft defense, it's vanilla for a team that doesn't know how to put the nail in the coffin on an offense.

Go figure huh? So im guessing every mlb has won defensive rookie of the year and a defensive player of the year, a feat only done 5 times in nfl history. Urlacher is just like any other mlb im guessing? Same with ray? Oh, but since you say ray made more plays than urlacher, this makes ray an exception. Despite the fact urlacher has better stats, and weaker supporting cast than what ray did.

I guess Ray Lewis is injury prone, he missed most of the 2002 and 2005 seasons.

Urlacher has been suffering a neck/back injury the past 2 years, but he still played every game. This year was different, he suffered a dislocated wrist. IF he was to play with a dislocated wrist, he would become too big of a liability for the defense. Its not a question about being a man and playing with the injury, he simply cant. You can go search up other players who had their season end to the same type of injury.

Now your questioning my reading comprehension?I know you said the past few years, but the way presented it made it sound as though sound urlacher has been a player of the system his whole career, which is not true. He was an all pro before he was introduced into the cover 2 system, and won defensive player of the year in it. Guess that makes him soft?

And the point for our cover 2 system, is a bend but dont break defense. We will give up the yards, but strive on the turnovers. Theirs a reason the chicago bears have been leading the nfl in turnovers since 2005.