Cavs Going After Artest

According to several league sources, the Cavaliers have been been in contact with Ron Artest.

LeBron James met with Artest on Tuesday night, according to the report.

The Rockets have had interest in Cavs free agent Anderson Varejao in the past, which opens up some possibilities of a sign-and-trade scenario - though the Cavs have said they want to re-sign Varejao.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60262/20090701/cavs_going_after_artest/

Once we resign Andy I hink a solid backup guard is good enough. Our team is leaps and bounds better with Shaq and Danny Green as long as we can retain Andy and Joe for sure.

I don't think Cavs fans are really that worried with either of the big teams moves because we have one of the best players in the league in LeBron and we have Shaq, Mo, Delonte, and Z who are all proven.

Once we resign Andy I hink a solid backup guard is good enough. Our team is leaps and bounds better with Shaq and Danny Green as long as we can retain Andy and Joe for sure.

I don't think Cavs fans are really that worried with either of the big teams moves because we have one of the best players in the league in LeBron and we have Shaq, Mo, Delonte, and Z who are all proven.

Are you serious bro? Did you watch the Orlando series? They had faster, more effective post players and they took advantage of us completely. We need a guy like Artest instead of Varejao. Yeah he is good, but only for short spurts off the bench. If we end up starting him good god, i would not like to see that. Lewis and DH12 would be just running the court against him and Shaq.

This is how I would have it if Artest was to come to us.

PG- Mo Williams

SG- Delonte West

SF- LeBron James

PF- Ron Artest

C- Shaquille O'Neal

Artest and LeBron could swap off depending on who is playing the three and four for the other teams.

Danny Green is the wing we need. I'm not saying he's an automatic allstar but he came from the best basketball school and can shoot the 3 and adds length.

I'd rather resign Andy, Joe and get a backup guard than throw out everything out for Artest and lose Andy and Joe and basically have no bench. Would I like to have Artest? Of course, but I'd rather have depth because I don' want that startng lineup as you mentioned with only Z and Gibson backing up.

well yeah you of course have to get those guys back. but danny green is a great player, and i commented on him in the draft thread. but will he be able to step right in, hell no. if he was going to be able to step right in he would have been in the lottery. there is a reason we got him so low, something is wrong with him. he probably won't get that many minutes this year at all. but we need speed and someone that can shoot the mid range shot with ease in the post. seems to me like artest would be that guy.

If they get Artest, you do not want to [expletive] with the Cavs. LeBron, Shaq, and Artest? Damn.

Looks good on paper but think about the chemistry.

Nasty looking team though. Do you think the attitudes would fair out though? With this team would Bron Finally get his ring and Shaq his fifth

Looks good on paper but think about the chemistry.

Nasty looking team though. Do you think the attitudes would fair out though? With this team would Bron Finally get his ring and Shaq his fifth

yeah the chemistry would be fine. shaq and artest both want a ring, they wouldn't crave the ball.