Dexter

Taber

my favorite serious show on television...

season 4 was better than 5 IMO, but 5 was good...5 started slow, got interesting really fast, pulled off a few things well i didn't think they would, and then the finale seemed a little rushed...but i do like how season 6 can basically start anywhere

Edited by Game

Just finished season 5. 5 seasons in two and a half weeks... Safe to say this show dragged me in, haha!

Hard to pick a favorite season for me.

Loved season 1, though I was disappointed in the end result being his brother and he was kind of a weak bad guy.

Season 2 was great, but there was no true bad guy, and they killed off Doakes too early.

Season 3 is most people's least favorite, but I loved the [expletive] out of Prado. He was an explosive baddy, and I loved the roof scene probably most of any of the seasons. Epic. Even in death he was defiant.

Season 4... So great. Lithgow played the perfect enemy, and that theme for him was chilling. Heartbreaking when Rita is killed. I laughed my [expletive] off when Lithgow called his wife a [expletive] at Thanksgiving dinner. The way they portrayed Lithgow to be this family man and then you see what he actually was inside the walls of his home... brilliant. So well written.

Season 5 was good as well. Julia Stiles played her role extremely well, I'm not typically a fan of her (though she was bearable in the Bourne films, as well). This season made Dexter seem extremely human, which we're definitely not used to. I also have to say that this season had my stomach in knots wayyyyyy more than any of the other four, and the end scene where Deb does what she does... I knew what was happening, but I was on the edge of my seat/[expletive]ting my pants regardless. So tense.

Love this [expletive]ing show, can't believe I didn't see any of it before now. Now I have to suffer and struggle through an offseason... Rough!

My favourite seasons would be, in order:

I can't really distinguish between 1 and 4 because, while Lithgow is far and away the best villian on the show and the ending of season 4 was such a shock, I just can't shake the feeling I had when watching the first season for the first time. It is the first time in my life that I've ever been so drawn into a show to the point where I couldn't stop watching . The storyline and plot of the show was just so original to me. That is probably why I have 1 ahead of 4 even though the 4th season was so intense and epic.

One thing about the 4th that I didn't like was how the villian was revealed so early in the series. I understand why it was done because you needed to establish Lithgow because you can't have an actor as talented as him not play a promminent role in the season, but the mystery aspect is one of the best parts of this show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn everyone is rating season 5 so low. I finished season4 about a week or so ago (and don't have Showtime) so I have to wait FOREVER for season 5.

Anyway about season 4, I know Rita was kinda annoying but I was bummed at first to know that shes dead.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah Mos Def is a surprisingly good actor.

C'mon, he was amazing in Be Kind, Rewind! :lol:

I dig it so far, Edward James Olmos plays a seriously creepy bad guy. Didn't realize until I looked that his apprentice is Tom Hanks' kid, either.

Definitely some good storylines here. I can't to see how they play out moving forward.

Much better than last season. I still enjoyed last season, but this one is starting off much better.

I really like Brother Sam. He is probably one of my favourite guest stars of the entire series so far. I really like his character and Mos Def has done a great job thus far.

I'm not a real huge fan of Deb becoming the lieutenant, but I can understand the thought process of using her as a pawn between LaGuerta and Matthews' power struggle. I also think it could prove to be an interesting dynamic if they decide to have season 7 feature Miami Metro tracking Dexter as Deb leading the manhunt against him would be fun to watch, even though we all likely have thought about it before.

I also wasn't exactly thrilled with the very early reveal of the antagonists. The reveal of the Ice Truck Killer and The Skinner were two of the better moments of the show and, as I mentioned so long ago in this thread, the mystery element of who the antagonists are was one of my favourite parts of the show in the earlier seasons. It worked in season 4 because Lithgow was so brilliant. Hopefully Hanks and Olmos can make it work.

Loved the first episode. The reunion was brilliant.

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/uploads/images/1317620465-U12475.gif

"I dont even know what hammer time is or how it differs from regular time"

That whole sequence nearly had me in tears.