Ariza wants to get paid

Trevor Ariza's agent David Lee said Monday that the Lakers won't receive a hometown discount from his client.

Lee declined to reveal how much of a raise Ariza will seek when he becomes an unrestricted free agent, but he said his client should make him the most coveted wing player on the market.

Among the teams Lee expects to pursue Ariza are Detroit, Portland and Toronto.

"It's a question of how committed the Lakers are to competing again," Lee said. "If everyone else stood still, you could see what happens when a piece is missing, but the reality is teams out there are positioning themselves to be competitive. When other teams are getting better, you can't afford to rest on your laurels."

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_lakers_30.3cd2531.html

The thread on TLN said he's wanting 8-9 mil a year...gtfo Trevor. Your good, but you don't deserve that type of money yet.

Okay? He's still only a very good role player...atleast on this team. Good three point shooter, good slasher, solid defender, but still has many things to polish. He's nowhere near being a star and hes asking for 8-10 mil a year..something players like Hedo and Gordon are asking for. Whats he going to ask when hes in his prime? 15 mil a year?

I'm in denial cuz I know some team is prolly willing to spend that kinda cash for him...but after overpaying Luke and Sasha and seeing what they do after...I dont want us to overpay for another role player.