Grizzlies coach Hollins fined $25,000 for remarks about officiating

La Bomba

Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins was fined $25,000 by the NBA today for comments about officiating made earlier this week.

“It was not even directed at the officials,” Hollins said. “But, I was quoted, and I have to pay the consequences. ... It’s an unfortunate situation. I made the comment, but it wasn’t presented in the right context. It’s just one of those things.”

Hollins was fined for his remarks when asked about rookie Hasheem Thabeet’s performance against Dwight Howard following the Grizzlies’ preseason loss Monday to the Orlando Magic.

“Dwight Howard’s a great player, and Thabeet didn’t get a fair share of the calls right from the start of the game,” Hollins said. “It’s not Dwight Howard against Thabeet — it’s us against the Orlando Magic.”

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/oct/14/grizzlies-coach-hollins-fined-25000-remarks-about-/

Once Hollins starts winning games at a regular basis, then he can talk about the occasional "fluke" losses that happen because of a few poor calls here and there. If you loose by 20, it's not the refs fault.