If you could wish an injury upon a player on your team

Warren2ThaG

lol Real, at least the end is near. Hopefully they only re-sign him for a year so that he can remain head of the players association, get the new CBA done, and then ride off into the sunset. Just as long as he doesn't replace Stu or coach. I want Fisher out of my life for good.

Ok, so if I absolutely had to choose one player to have an injury in the Heat's roster, and it had to be a starter, it would be.... hmmm.. this is tough. It's vital for Beasley and Chalmers to remain healthy for their development, Haslem is a great locker room presence and he brings energy to the team through his hustle and leadership, Jermaine's low post presence is missed greatly when he's injured, and Dwyane Wade is obviously the last guy any Heat fan would wish an injury on.

It really would depend on how long the injury is, and for what part of the season. If it's a short injury somewhere in the beginning of the season, I would actually say Dwyane Wade. It would help develop the young guys and may give the team confidence if they manage to win some games without their best player. They actually missed him once last season, and the rest of the team stepped up their performance brought the Celtics into OT (although they were also missing key players in Ray Allen and KG).

If it had to be a playoff injury, it would be Chalmers. Wade could move to the point and Cook or Q-Rich could step it up at the wing. Either that, or Quinn could step up at the point. It would probably depend on match ups. Either way, I still think the Heat can manage to earn a good seed in the playoffs without Rio, although he would definitely be missed.

If it had to be a season-long injury, it's a tough choice, but I'd think I'll have to go with Udonis. Beasley would be able to move to his natural position, and one of the Heat's many SFs, most likely Jones, can fill in at the 3.

If it is a career-ending injury, it's got to be Jermaine. Even though it would hurt the Heat for this season, his over-inflated contract expires this season, and he's likely to be replaced whether he gets injured or not.

Edited by Poe

Derek Fisher.

I dunno.... Phil Jackson usually does well with teams consisting of a player with Ron Harper type profile. I'd settle if Shannon Brown waxed his head.

Seriously though, Fisher's minutes are going down already this season, and I believe our guards need someone to keep them grounded. Also his longevity in the game is an inspiration. I would agree that PJ needs to start a different pg though.