Eagles trade for Rams' LB Will Witherspoon

Warren2ThaG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/3601.jpg

----------

Eagles trade for Rams' LB Will Witherspoon

Eagles acquired LB Will Witherspoon from the Rams in exchange for WR Brandon Gibson and a 2010 fifth-round pick. Witherspoon was carried off the field Sunday with an apparent knee injury, but he must have been cleared by Eagles' doctors. Though he had been playing on the weak side in St. Louis, he has experience in the middle and will likely play there for Philly. Jeremiah Trotter and Omar Gaither have been burned in the passing game, so Witherspoon fills a need. Oct. 20 - 4:16 pm et

---

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=155945

Nice underrated player...

Meh, i never really liked Bradley that much. I think Bradley is a bit overrated.

I'd much rather have Spoon, at least he has some quality yrs under his belt.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/01/fullj.45e1b8b85680917637a855db9864b3ed/45e1b8b85680917637a855db9864b3ed-getty-88972041wm008_philadelphia_.jpg

Shawn Bradley-led the team in tackles last season

Will Witherspoon-proven beast

Akeem Jordan-speedy, makes play left and right

Omar Gaither-played great his rookie season, great playmaking instinct

That is a solid group right there. One of the best groups in the league imo.

:lol:......:rofl:

Shawn Bradley-led the team in tackles last season

Will Witherspoon-proven beast

Akeem Jordan-speedy, makes play left and right

Omar Gaither-played great his rookie season, great playmaking instinct

That is a solid group right there. One of the best groups in the league imo.

Witherspoon was a beast yesterday, and Akeem Jordan is raw too. We would have been solid if we still had Bradley and Gaither :(

Edited by Knickmatic

Akeem Jordan and Omar Gaither are average at best. Their number, which aren't even very impressive, are a product of being in Jim Johnson's system who was a pro at getting good LB play from sub par linebackers.

The Cowboys don't have a great LB core either, its above average, I'd put it ahead of the Eagles core.

Edited by Fish7718

Explain instead of just doing this [expletive]. Eagles LB's>>>>>>>>>Cowboys LB's when healthy.

Demarcus Ware?

lol him alone makes our LBs inferior, and I hate the Cowboys.

Witherspoon is a stud.

Bradley has the potential to be a great linebacker, but it remains to be seen how he'll recover from injury, and if he'll live up to his potential

Jordan has surprised me this year, but he's your average starting LB.

Gocong is a great run stopper, but he struggles in the passing game. He's an average starting LB.

Gaither is not a starter, he's a backup.

Overall, I'm much happier with our LB corpse than I've been in a long [expletive] time. We have a decent group of linebackers, but not the best. A lot of it depends on how Bradley bounces back.

Edited by Himuki

Witherspoon is a stud.

Bradley has the potential to be a great linebacker, but it remains to be seen how he'll recover from injury, and if he'll live up to his potential

Jordan has surprised me this year, but he's your average starting LB.

Gocong is a great run stopper, but he struggles in the passing game. He's an average starting LB.

Gaither is not a starter, he's a backup.

Overall, I'm much happier with our LB corpse than I've been in a long [expletive] time. We have a decent group of linebackers, but not the best. A lot of it depends on how Bradley bounces back.

I agree it's definitely improving. Still a bit off from be considered one of the best. I love Witherspoon as much as anyone but he alone can not take a mediocre LB core to one of the best.