Iverson to come off bench for Grizzlies

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/366.jpg

-----------

Iverson to come off bench for Grizzlies

Allen Iverson will come off the bench to start the season, according to Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins. "He hasn't had a chance to perform," Hollins said. "And when he does come back he'll be way behind with how we're doing things. So when he gets into a game, it'll be limited. That's probably where we'll wind up at the start of the season."

Iverson hasn't participated in training camp practices since Oct. 4 because of a partially torn left hamstring, and he still hasn't been cleared for workouts. This reserve role won't sit well with Iverson, who refused to do the same thing with the Pistons. Stay tuned on this one. Oct. 21 - 10:51 am et

---

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/10/allen_iverson_to_come_off_the.html

• Owner

It's expected. He'll need some time to heal up while he's playing, also, because I'm sure he won't be 100% his first game out there.

Eventually, I see him taking Conley's spot, though. I understand that Conley is a pure point, but Iverson is a better overall player, and he's not a Ben Gordon, who can run with the second unit and produce 20 PPG.

I would prefer that Conley started just because he's the only player capable of starting that would rather pass before shoot. Gay, Mayo, Iverson, and Randolph all want their shots. Having all of them on the court at the same time scares me.