Chiefs' Johnson uses Twitter to slam head coach

Cobb

Source: ESPN.com

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has belittled his rookie head coach on his Twitter account, saying Todd Haley has "nuthn" when it comes to NFL-quality credentials.

The remarks were posted several hours after the Chiefs (1-6) were routed at home 37-7 by San Diego.

One tweet read: "My father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches." That is followed by: "My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."

Haley did not play high school or college football. He attended college on a golf scholarship. He was hired by first-year general manager Scott Pioli to replace the fired Herm Edwards.

"I talked to Larry about it and he was focusing more on pumping up his father than anything else," Johnson's agent Peter Schaffer said. "He wasn't trying to downgrade anyone ... yes, everyone is frustrated after a loss like this but I wouldn't put too much into it."

His days look to be numbered.

It's the same Larry Johnson who was supposed to earn the same amount of money as any other big-name RB in this league, until he signed his contract. Now he's not even mentioned as one of the best.

part of it is due to going from having 416 carries down to 193 and 158 over the past 2 seasons

Edited by Lkr

• Owner

part of it is due to going from having 416 carries down to 193 and 158 over the past 2 seasons

The reason for that is because he sucks more and more every carry, and the Chiefs would rather go to the air for guys like Bowe, who can at least make SOMETHING happen.

LJ is done as one of the best backs in the NFL. Same with LT, the guy he was whining about getting paid more than he was.