Champ Bailey is STILL the Best CB In the NFL

Revis Island

No Disrespect to Revis, Asoumugha and whoever else there is, but Bailey is still the best shut down corner in the NFL. Injuries have slowed him a bit, but he's still #1 on the list. Those who have watched him all season know how dominant he has been and the presence he's made for the Broncos. He completely neutralized Moss in the NE-DEN game, Moss only had 1 catch in the game.

So although, Bailey's numbers haven't been there. (1 INT All season) His presence has, you could factor in Dumervil as the main reason. But Bailey has been shutting down the Wide outs. Defensive Player of the Year if you ask me, Maybe Co-DPOYs with Elvis Dumervil or Darren Sharper.

and Cowboys game...That D-Stand was GOAT.

I was very unimpressed with his play in the Cowboys game. He still put the locks on half the time but he was getting beat. Infact the play he got a pick on he was beat but Romo just made a bad pass. If Romo was playing his best in that game Bailey looks real bad.

No Disrespect to Revis, Asoumugha and whoever else there is, but Bailey is still the best shut down corner in the NFL. Injuries have slowed him a bit, but he's still #1 on the list. Those who have watched him all season know how dominant he has been and the presence he's made for the Broncos. He completely neutralized Moss in the NE-DEN game, Moss only had 1 catch in the game.

So although, Bailey's numbers haven't been there. (1 INT All season) His presence has, you could factor in Dumervil as the main reason. But Bailey has been shutting down the Wide outs. Defensive Player of the Year if you ask me, Maybe Co-DPOYs with Elvis Dumervil or Darren Sharper.

I mean what are you basing this statement off? I know Champ is your favorite player are you a like just on Champ Bailey's jock and are tired of hearing he's not what he was or did you actually watch each corner back play. I've seen all three play and I've been most impressed by Revis. From the plays I've seen I haven't seen Revis beat for a TD or for a pass above 10 yards all season. From the Revis I watched and Bailey I watched I would say Revis is better.

Revis played 48% of his snaps against Colston. Not to mention he shut down Andre Johnson and Randy Moss.

revis is good. but i think the scheme really did help him shutdown those guys. the jets bring good pressure so revis doesn't have to cover those great wr's all day. at the end of the day. i would give credit to the jets D as a whole for shutting those guys down. not just revis.

Edited by MiamiSolja7

revis is good. but i think the scheme really did help him shutdown those guys. the jets bring good pressure so revis doesn't have to cover those great wr's all day. at the end of the day. i would give credit to the jets D as a whole for shutting those guys down. not just revis.

The Broncos have the 2nd most sacks in football, second to the Vikings. Jets have 31st most sacks in football.

Agreed, that pressure was amazing by the Jets against the Pats in week 2. Who's better to you?

The Broncos have the 2nd most sacks in football, second to the Vikings. Jets have 31st most sacks in football.

thanks for showing the whole board your lack of knowledge. really. the point of bltizing isnt always to sack the qb. but to force bad and errant throws. when tom brady has less than 2 seconds to throw the dam ball, it makes covering moss a lot easier.the broncos blitz on occasion. but not like the jets do. so bailey is out there covering for longer. the way the jets blitz force shorter throws because the ball has to get out fast. sacks mean nothing really. and if you saw the jets bills game revis got flagged for what, 4 illegal contacts on T.O. he was dam pulling his jersery every other play. revis is good. but he's been overated since the pats game.

the best corner is nnamdi. no ifs ands or buts. qbs have a life time to throw due to the raiders bad pass rush and nnamdi is all over his guy. when revis locks down steve smith and andre johnson with no safety help over the top all game long. get back to me. cuz nnamdi has done it.

Edited by MiamiSolja7

Not a Vikings fan, but what about Jared Allen?

thanks for showing the whole board your lack of knowledge. really. the point of bltizing isnt always to sack the qb. but to force bad and errant throws. when tom brady has less than 2 seconds to throw the dam ball, it makes covering moss a lot easier.the broncos blitz on occasion. but not like the jets do. so bailey is out there covering for longer. the way the jets blitz force shorter throws because the ball has to get out fast. sacks mean nothing really. and if you saw the jets bills game revis got flagged for what, 4 illegal contacts on T.O. he was dam pulling his jersery every other play. revis is good. but he's been overated since the pats game.

the best corner is nnamdi. no ifs ands or buts. qbs have a life time to throw due to the raiders bad pass rush and nnamdi is all over his guy. when revis locks down steve smith and andre johnson with no safety help over the top all game long. get back to me. cuz nnamdi has done it.

Lack of knowledge? Guarantee my football knowledge is much higher than yours so don't attack me with your ridiculous statements. Where I agree with as in sacks doesn't not mean pressure I think its obvious to anyone that if the Broncos are getting the QB and getting sacks they must be putting a great amount of pressure on the QB. I also saw it myself when the Cowboys played the Broncos Dumerville was beating Flozell Adams who had a great game against Tuck the previous week.

Thanks for showing the board YOUR lack of knowledge btw. Saying the Jets blitz every play means the Revis is basically playing man to man D with no help every single play which is the toughest thing in football to do. If the Broncos aren't blitzing that means Champ has safties and linebackers in coverage to help him take more risks by playing tight man to man coverage.

Not a Vikings fan, but what about Jared Allen?

He hasn't been dominating in recent weeks...He teared it up in the Packers game though.

Who's better, Revis or Bailey to you?

Lack of knowledge? Guarantee my football knowledge is much higher than yours so don't attack me with your ridiculous statements. Where I agree with as in sacks doesn't not mean pressure I think its obvious to anyone that if the Broncos are getting the QB and getting sacks they must be putting a great amount of pressure on the QB. I also saw it myself when the Cowboys played the Broncos Dumerville was beating Flozell Adams who had a great game against Tuck the previous week.

Thanks for showing the board YOUR lack of knowledge btw. Saying the Jets blitz every play means the Revis is basically playing man to man D with no help every single play which is the toughest thing in football to do. If the Broncos aren't blitzing that means Champ has safties and linebackers in coverage to help him take more risks by playing tight man to man coverage.

lmao. ok how about you actually watch a jets game. every long passing sitation the jets bring the heat. the ball comes out in less than 2 seconds. he's not covering hom for long at all. if the bills had a decent o line and qb. owens would of eaten revis alive. revis is good but overated. bailey IMO is better than revis is right now. and nnamdi is the best hands down.i love how one commentator from espn gets on revis' jock. and then everyone jumps on the revis is the best corner bandwagon. when he cleary isn't. he was doing agood job on moss. but again, he isn't as good as people make him out to be. the jets D is a big part of him slowing down big names wr's. not just him.

• Like 1

lmao. ok how about you actually watch a jets game. every long passing sitation the jets bring the heat. the ball comes out in less than 2 seconds. he's not covering hom for long at all. if the bills had a decent o line and qb. owens would of eaten revis alive. revis is good but overated. bailey IMO is better than revis is right now. and nnamdi is the best hands down.i love how one commentator from espn gets on revis' jock. and then everyone jumps on the revis is the best corner bandwagon. when he cleary isn't. he was doing agood job on moss. but again, he isn't as good as people make him out to be. the jets D is a big part of him slowing down big names wr's. not just him.

LMAO Hey maybe you haven't noticed that I'm from NEW YORK, I've been watching revis since his rookie year. Maybe YOU should watch revis instead of just assuming things. I've seen Revis put the locks on TO in the past. I've seen Revis lock down receivers like Moss, not only this year but in years past. His rookie year he shut down TO in Dallas on Thanksgiving. I could care the [expletive] less what an ESPN analyst says. Champ isn't what he used to be he's still great but he gets beat more and more and by #2's.

Darrelle Revis played against my high school team when i was a junior and senior. He didn't play for our team but he was from another school He was real good. My friend's brother played against him. We didn't really know him tho

I think The Champ is better right now but in few years i think he will pass both Aso and Champ if he can keep it up and stay in shape and not be injured.

• Like 1

Well he also has the williams brothers playing alongside him so offensive lines can't have a total focus on Jared.

James Harrison still won DPOY despite on the Steelers defense. They won't look at what advantages you have they will look at what you done.