Iverson says he's 'ready to play' for Grizzlies

La Bomba

Allen Iverson says he's ready to run with the Grizzlies if the trainers give him permission.

And MRI results put Iverson closer to his goal Thursday morning when he was cleared to participate in a full-contact practice.

But while Griz coach Lionel Hollins said the workout was encouraging, his understanding is that Iverson's return is targeted for Monday when the team plays at Sacramento.

So the Griz are expected to be without the 10-time all-star guard for tonight's game with the Toronto Raptors at FedExForum.

"I felt good," Iverson said. "It was a regular day of practice for me. I didn't feel any pain. I didn't feel fatigued to not be able to get through it. I'm ready to play. It's up to them."

Iverson's status has been upgraded to day-to-day, with the latest MRI revealing that the 34-year-old's partially torn left hamstring is healing well.

He sat out the Grizzlies' season-opening 96-74 loss to Detroit on Wednesday after missing the entire preseason.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/oct/30/iverson-says-hes-ready-to-play-for-grizzlies/