Harris Out 7 to 10 Days

Teletopez

"I don’t know if it was a specific play, but he was complaining about it during the game, and he just doesn’t feel like he can move east to west," Frank said. "He can go north to south, he can’t go east to west."

So Frank would only call him day-to-day, but Harris wasn't nearly that optimistic.

"We’re shooting for 7-10" days, he said. "I probably can guarantee it won’t be shorter. That’s kind of what we’re shooting for."

And even then, he added, they have to start treating this like a chronic problem,

one in which "before I come back I’ve got to feel nothing," he said. "Even after a few days, if I feel good, I think we’re going to take ample time really just to let it heal."

Full Article

Lopez was our second option following the Carter trade. But once Harris' health became an issue in preseason, I've said that Lopez should be our first option for some time, at least until Harris stays healthy for an extended period of time.

The Nets can still get a win without Harris. Alston stepped up in the Rockets 22-game winning streak two years ago when Yao was out and the backcourt had a bigger role. He stepped up in Nelson's absence last year. He can make a difference in Harris' absence, and that means a lot with Harris and Dooling having health issues. He showed that last night with 20 points, going 8-11 from the field and 3-3 from the arc.

Harris' Return Delayed

"It could take four weeks to heal,” Devo said. “If I come back in two weeks and I still feel it, I’m going to take the next two weeks. I’m hoping to be back in two weeks. That’s what I’m hoping for.

“We don’t have a date quite in mind. It comes down to when I come back I want to be completely healthy.”

Alberico The Great asked Devo whether he considered what carnage might be awaiting him upon his return.

“I can’t help them anymore if I’m going out there 60, 70 percent,” Harris said. “I can only help them being the guy that I know I can be out there. If I have to wait out -- as ugly as it has been -- I’m thinking as time goes on, we’re going to get guys back. Hopefully, we’ll all come back around the same time. That will really make it sweet. (But) I have to be 100 percent before I consider coming back.”

Full Article

And we're waiting for more news on CDR's flu-like symptoms.