Extending Marc

La Bomba

Within the next two seasons, the Grizzlies will have to extend Marc and I think it would be a huge mistake if we don't give him the money he deserves. He's 24 years old and he's turning into one of the best centers in the league. Good big men get paid good money. Bynum is getting paid over $10 million a season and he hasn't proved he can stay healthy an entire season, although he has shown flashes of greatness. I personally believe it's more important to resign Marc than it is to resign Rudy Gay. The draft is full of athletic swing men every year. Gay is definably replaceable. Big men are harder to find.

Knowing this front office well enough, they will ethier give Marc less than he deserves or just let him walk. Why? They decided to draft Hasheem Thabeet and believe he is the franchise's future at center. The problem is, Marc is only two years older than Thabeet and is 20x the player.

Micheal Hiesley's and Chris Wallace's ego is too high to admit they made a mistake in drafting Thabeet when we already have Marc.

With this said, how much is Marc Gasol worth?

It would be a huge mistake if they just let him walk. I don't think Thabeet will ever develop into a true NBA center. He just doesn't have the body for it and all he does is swat at the ball, also racking up the fouls. Thabeet doesn't fit the mold with the Grizzlies in my opinion. I don't know if Marc is the answer, but Thabeet certainly isn't.