Rondo dissing on CP3?

Force

Product of his offense. If he doesn't play in a get-up-and-go, seven-second or screen and roll-reliant offense, Nash doesn't show MVP numbers. He's not the scorer he can be if others aren't scoring around him...and that's what separates him from the other league MVP's, like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.

Nash controls the offense. I don't see where this is headed. Take Nash out of the Suns team and they would no longer be a playoff team. Take Parker out of the Spurs and you lose a scoring option. They would be a worse team without him, but he has nowhere near the same impact Nash has on the Suns.

The fact is, whoever the more efficient scorer is between Parker and Nash is still debatable. When considering a player's all-around game and impact to their team, can you honestly say that Parker is on a completely different level than Nash? That is all I'm arguing for.

• Owner

Impact on a team is completely different from overall game. Parker has the better overall game.

Outside of Nash, the Suns have no point. Dragic doesn't even count, and Barbosa is a selfish point and a true two guard.

I provided the stats that show Nash's numbers are heavily related to his teammates' production. He doesn't produce numbers for a duration of a season if he's the one expected to carry the load, scoring-wise. His shooting isn't as high, his points aren't as high.

And Nash is almost the worst defensive starting point guard in the NBA.

Combine the two, and you have a conclusion: Parker, Williams and Paul are better. Some will argue Billups. Some will argue Rose. But to say that Parker didn't do as much as Duncan and Manu in the Finals a few years back is insane.

I could've switched Amare with anyone of his caliber, just an opposite player. Doesn't matter. The offense is what I'm pointing at. You stick Steve Nash in a half court set, all game and every game, with a less mobile center, and you're going to see different stats from Nash.

Of course you would because you're taking him out of his element and forcing him to operate with a hindrance. That goes for every player. The numbers might take a dive, but their ability doesn't.

Nash went four years off the radar, Dirk came to Dallas and the year Nowitzki became the primary option for Dallas, Nash jumped from single-digit scoring to almost 16 PPG, a career high, along with career highs in assists, in field goal percentage, rebounds, steals, and the following season, in three point percentage.

Dirk's scoring dropped back down to less than 22 PPG in 2003-04, and ironically, so did Steve's, to his lowest since those first four seasons in the league.

The following year, with just Marion, Nash averaged his second lowest scoring output since the first four years of his career.

Amare returns, and Nash's scoring pops back up 4+ PPG.

In 2008-09, Amare missing a lot, Shaq in the offense, Nash averages under 16 again, marking his third lowest since the first four seasons (first and second being those I mentioned above).

No Shaq, Amare healthy, Hill playing well and Richardson scoring, and Nash is back up to almost 19 per game, as four other teammates are scoring 18+ PPG and all of them shooting 52% or better from the field (Richardson, Amare, Frye and Hill).

Nash's numbers took a dive in '04 because of the Walker and Jamison acquisition. It had nothing to do with Nowitzki's scoring output. Stoudemire missed all of '06, when Nash averaged a career high in points. In the 26 games Nash played without Amar'e last season, Nash averaged 19 points. So there goes that theory.

Product of his offense. If he doesn't play in a get-up-and-go, seven-second or screen and roll-reliant offense, Nash doesn't show MVP numbers. He's not the scorer he can be if others aren't scoring around him...and that's what separates him from the other league MVP's, like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.

There's a difference. A product of an offense would be Marion, who isn't a quality contributor on offense without a high-paced offense and a playmaking point like Nash, whereas Nash just thrives in that type of offense. That playmaking ability, court vision, shooting prowess, and bad defense is still all him.

• Owner

So you're telling me that, with all that you've seen of Nash, he can get his own shot off and still shoot that 45% from downtown, and 50% from the field, without his screens? Really? Because I seriously doubt that, not when he's drawing as much defensive attention as a top five player in the league.

So you're telling me that, with all that you've seen of Nash, he can get his own shot off and still shoot that 45% from downtown, and 50% from the field, without his screens? Really? Because I seriously doubt that, not when he's drawing as much defensive attention as a top five player in the league.

He's crafty enough to gain separation consistently one-on-one, but it's improbable that he maintains that efficiency. No one could. Good thing basketball isn't played one-on-one.

I also said Rondo as well. If your going to quote someone don't take the meat of the post out.

I know you said Rondo, except its common knowledge that he isn't that special. Saying Chris Paul isn't that great is one of the most absurd comments someone can make when talking about basketball c'mon dude.

• Owner

Rondo is not the best passer in the league. Not a chance.

Anyways...

So, here was Rondo surrounded with an embarrassment of point guard riches – K.G., Paul Pierce(notes) and Ray Allen(notes), a championship banner and a fat, new $55 million contract. Rondo felt emboldened, eager to engage Paul. The procession of trash talk, sources said, pushed into the personal when Rondo was heard to tell Paul, “I’ve got a ring, and you’re never gonna win one.”

As they traded technical fouls at the Boston Garden, as emotions escalated, sources said Rondo declared that Paul wished he could be him, suggesting that his frustration dripped with envy. On the way to the locker room, Hornets coach Byron Scott heard Paul insist that Rondo “is gonna respect me as a man,” and soon Paul started on his way down the corridor to tell the Celtics point guard himself.

Several coaches prevented Paul from getting close to Rondo outside the Celtics’ locker room, but the overriding theme of Paul’s rage was easily understood: Before you talk trash again, feel free to walk a mile in my Brand Jordan’s.

“If Rondo had to trade in K.G., Pierce, Ray and Rasheed for the guys that Chris plays with [in New Orleans], I guarantee that you wouldn’t be seeing Rondo get a $55 million contract,” one Hornets source said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiPgraywPrsXpamAGPnnMGi8vLYF?slug=aw-paulhornets110309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Seriously? Rajon Rondo THINKS that Chris Paul wishes he could be him? :lol:

CP3 is going to crush Rondo their next game.

And why would he even mouth off that game, anyways? Paul embarrassed him.

Chris Paul

22 PTS on 9-13 FG (69.2%), 2-3 3PT, 3 REB, 8 AST, 2 STL, 2 TO

Rajon Rondo

6 PTS on 3-7 FG (42.9%), 0-0 3PT, 3 REB, 10 AST, 3 STL, 4 TO

What an idiot. CP3 is averaging a total of 18.7 PPG on 48.9% FG against Rajon Rondo, 8.6 APG and 2.4 SPG. Sure looks to me like Rondo doesn't do jack [expletive] stopping him.