How good are the Lakers without Gasol?

Force

Without Gasol...  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Yeah, I think we can beat Orlando in a seven-gamer without Gasol. Bynum is a monster as long as he's healthy.

But we'd lose to Boston without Pau, and same with the Spurs. Both teams have a frontcourt player that is way too versatile as a scorer and a defensive player. If Dwight Howard ever added more scoring abilities to his game, I'd change my stance as well.

But Gasol will be fine soon, and so will the Lakers.

• Owner

Behind Celtics and Spurs. Still beat the Nuggets and Magic. Though I would still have confidence in Lakers vs Spurs, simply because Kobe owns them.

Well, there's always reason to have confidence with Kobe on your team, but the problem is, Bryant will have his hands full defending Ginobili. Parker and Duncan are the other two guys we'd have to be concerned with, and Ron can't guard either of them.

Well, there's always reason to have confidence with Kobe on your team, but the problem is, Bryant will have his hands full defending Ginobili. Parker and Duncan are the other two guys we'd have to be concerned with, and Ron can't guard either of them.

Well Bynum would have to outplay Duncan too. I remember last season he managed to do so, I'm not sure if that Duncan was healthy though. But a fully healthy Spurs team is better than a Laker team without Pau Gasol. If Ariza were still on the Lakers, I'm not sure If I would say this, because Ariza is the better individual player than Artest.

• Owner

because Ariza is the better individual player than Artest.

Come on now. Ariza is probably the better scorer today, but he's not a better rebounder, passer, or defender (and I know you'll say he's a better defensive player, but Ariza is a team defender, while Artest is a better physical man defender, and that shouldn't even be debated, especially if you watch how incredible he has been for us already).

Come on now. Ariza is probably the better scorer today, but he's not a better rebounder, passer, or defender (and I know you'll say he's a better defensive player, but Ariza is a team defender, while Artest is a better physical man defender, and that shouldn't even be debated, especially if you watch how incredible he has been for us already).

Ariza is the better defender when it comes down to finesse guys like....Wade, Manu, Kobe, etc. Artest is the better defender when it comes down to bulky guys like Pierce and LeBron

pretty even actually, I'd go with Ariza, he hasn't driven me nuts yet.