Ron Artest: I wanted to choke Ariza

Zero

t was actually Artest who moved Adam Morrison out of the way to sit down next to Bynum and calm the 21-year-old down. Artest also threw an arm over Bynum's shoulders in the next timeout huddle to make sure Bynum was staying involved with the team.

But Artest nearly wasn't around to calm Bynum down. Artest said his former Rockets teammates were "definitely trying to get me ejected" by throwing elbows at him, and he acknowledged he might've indulged the notion if not for a little NBA commissioner/angel appearing on his shoulder.

A jolt from Ariza just minutes into the game – after Artest said Luis Scola already threw one – nearly sent Artest, suspended 72 games by Stern in 2004, back into arrest.

"I wanted to (choke Ariza) because he hit me with the elbow," Artest said. "But then I thought about David Stern, and I thought I wasn't going to do this. I got hit with three or four elbows. It's just not fair. I don't want to fight."

Did I clearly articulate that Artest did think about it, though? Let me clarify: He mentioned that he thought in the moment how certain he was that he was stronger than Ariza and contemplated his interest in making someone his "punching bag."

Yet with Kobe Bryant interceding and shepherding Artest away, the match didn't light – and Artest was able to joke (I think he was joking) about it all. He basically invited anyone else to come hit him and said: "I'm not fighting anymore. I'm tired. I give up. I'm not fighting anymore."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/artest-bynum-ariza-2638113-game-lakers

Typical thug.

Yeah until the thug chokes them.

Listen dude, its getting tiresome.

Do you know why half of this board is gone? .. Because of people like you throwing slurs at NBA players and down right being racist. You out of all people was one i didn't expect this type of crap from but it is getting annoying, just stop.

I don't understand how Ron is a thug, was a thug or ever will be a thug when he just said he didn't want to fight another man that provoked him to fight. It's starting to becoming idiotic and unreasonable when it's for no damn reason.

Listen dude, its getting tiresome.

Do you know why half of this board is gone? .. Because of people like you throwing slurs at NBA players and down right being racist. You out of all people was one i didn't expect this type of crap from but it is getting annoying, just stop.

I don't understand how Ron is a thug, was a thug or ever will be a thug when he just said he didn't want to fight another man that provoked him to fight. It's starting to becoming idiotic and unreasonable when it's for no damn reason.

Half the board? Who left? Racism where? Ron is a thug, all those suspensions he got, choking his wife or whatever the hell he did, going into the stands and beating up fans, he is a thug. Dont pull the race card out, its not gonna win you anything.

Gotta side with Slaven here. Racism is a direct hate toward a single race. Nowhere did he say, "I hate Artest because he's black." Artest is a thug, and he'd be a thug if he was white.

People consider Andersen a thug cause he has the tattoos, does LSD, all that stuff. Its not a race thing, its a look thing. No matter what race it is, if you look like that and act that way, you're a thug.

And wth, who lined out my thing about the race card?

Edited by YugoRocketsFan