Nuggets lose Martin

headliner

The Nuggets suffered their first loss of the season on Friday night and lost forward Kenyon Martin in the process.

Martin suffered a lower left leg contusion in the second quarter and didn't return to the game.

X-rays taken at halftime were inconclusive and he will undergo an MRI on Saturday.

"The feeling I got is, it might be a week or two weeks, but it won't be the whole year," coach George Karl told the Denver Post.

REAL GM

Nuggets suffered two tough loses yesterday losing to the heat and losing Kenyon Martin. I personally think that the Nuggets will be fine because Carmelo has been playing like an MVP so it won’t hurt them much but it would be better to have him in the line up.

^We wouldn't miss him much? lol

Imagine a tissue paper, it is soft, but it still has 2 plies. Now without KMart, it has just become one ply, that's how thin we are on frontcourt, much can be credited to GK not playing Malik Allen (who is now confused) and Petro (who sucks with or without playing time).

We are set at 1, 2, 3 spots with Melo, Billups, J.R., Lawson, Afflalo, Graham, Carter... I like the depth actually. But this group is not responsible for the lack of production from the 4, 5 guys. Now for us to win, the 1, 2, 3 guys must submit at least 1.5x usual work to gut out a win.

Having Nene is great, but he too is maddeningly inconsistent. He can have 24 and 15 one night and have a 6 and 4 the next. Inconsistent scoring is still acceptable... but inconsistent rebounding? That's what separates legit title contenders from the pretenders.

We have to make a move imo... Marc Gasol of the Grizzlies would be so great I'd [expletive] my pants... if we're forced to deal Nene to acquire Gasol, I'd do it too. Chuck Hayes of Rockets would be great too. Thirsting for a legit 7 footer who can consistently box out and rebound.

I remember when Kenyon was in NJ, and was considered one of the best players on the team. He would hustle, play defense, score, and got the crowd into it. This 09-10 Kenyon is sort of reminding me of the old K-mart that New Jersey fans fell in love with. He's more consistent, and it would really suck for the Nuggets to not have him on the court for excess time.