Gordon Chiesa Weighs In On Raptors Defense

There has been a ton of talk of late about the Raptors defence (or lack there of) in their past two games — both losses to the Memphis Grizzlies and the Orlando Magic.

Jack Armstrong and I broke down some of the deficiencies in yesterday’s “audio blog” and you can read more about the D in my other blog on Raptors.com or in Jack’s column/blog on TSN.ca

But here’s a little more for ya … from one of the better defensive minds in the NBA. Hardcore fans will know this name, casual fans probably won’t. But trust me when I tell ya that Gordon Chiesa is one of the most respected coaches in the league. The long-time assistant to Jerry Sloan in Utah, Chiesa is one of those guys that sees X’s and O’s when he closes his eyes at night and he has a knack for simply teaching the game - especially on the defensive end!

Now a Pro Scout with the Grizzlies, Chiesa talked to Jack and I about a lot of issues that are affecting the Raptors right now. Check it out … it’ll be worth the 6 minutes …

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/ericsmith/2009/11/04/defence-prince-moustaches-and-more/

He makes some very good points. This is an older interview as, like the quote says, it was after the Raptors loss to the Magic, but a lot of the same issues are still plauging the Raptors. I definitely suggest that you listen to this short (6:20) interview and listen to what Chiesa has to say about the Raptors defense.

*Link added*

Edited by Built Ford Tough