Source: Iverson Mulling Retirement

La Bomba

Allen Iverson is contemplating retirement if he doesn't return to the Grizzlies, sources told the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Iverson left the team on Saturday after receiving permission from team owner Michael Heisley to deal with personal issues.

The source claims that the stress that comes along with the family issue, along with his frustration over his role in Memphis, may lead him to call it quits.

"I just think if he was going to retire, he'd tell me first," Heisley said. "I expect him to come back. If he does retire, I'll be tremendously disappointed. I feel bad because I don't think that's the way he should go out."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62655/20091109/source_iverson_mulling_retirement/

Best news I've heard all season concerning the Grizzlies.

Sad to see Iverson's career go down like this. After all that's happened with him in Denver, Detroit and now here in Memphis, people are starting to see that he is a selfish player. He is one of the best little men to ever play the game, but I guess he never had the attitude to win it all.

Heisley Would Be 'Disappointed' If Iverson Retired

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley says that he'd be "disappointed" if Allen Iverson retired.

There are rumors that Iverson might call it quits, but Heisley says that Iverson gave him no indication that doing so is a possibility.

"I expect him to come back," Heisley said. "If he does retire, I'll be tremendously disappointed. I feel bad because I don't think that's the way he should go out."

The Grizzlies granted him a leave due to personal issues.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62663/20091109/heisley_would_be_disappointed_if_iverson_retired/

Of course it would disappoint him, he's the idiot that wanted to sign him.

The league is blackballing him I think he should retire, and not ruin his legacy as on of the most prolific scorers in NBA history.

Coaches need to adapt plays that will best fit their players not the other way around.

Edited by Ya Dig!