Clippers Draft Blake Griffin

Clippers Select Oklahoma Forward Blake Griffin With Number One Pick in 2009 NBA Draft

http://www.nba.com/media/clippers/griffin_295_090625.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers selected University of Oklahoma forward Blake Griffin with the number one overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft, held this evening at the WAMU Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

A dominant power forward and a commanding physical presence, Griffin was the consensus National Player of the Year following his sophomore season. The Naismith, Wooden and AP Player of the Year, Griffin averaged 22.7 points and 14.4 rebounds for the Sooners.

“Obviously, we are extremely excited with the selection of Blake,” Clippers General Manager and Head Coach Mike Dunleavy said. “The night of the lottery, when we got the lucky bounce that we had hoped for, it was jubilation. We are getting and incredible player and an incredible person with an impeccable work ethic.”

Read More

• Like 1

• Owner

I hope the Clippers are smart and trade/waive Randolph so Blake Griffin can play at least 30 mpg.

Apparently they aren't. They could've had Darko for him, and Darko would probably contribute more (in a positive way, of course) than Zach.

I wouldn't mind getting Zach, I think he needs to be surrounded with the right players with positive heads like Billups. If he's on a contending team, I can see him change his ways, he's a very good player and is a scoring matchup problems. And can pull down rebounds too. I'd give KMart, who's not exactly a role model on our team, for him.