Is anyone seriously considering these teams contenders?

Check my Stats

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is anyone taking the Heat and Hawks serious as contenders right now? Both are at 6-2 right now and running wild at the 2 and 3 spots in the East respectively.

Of course we consider the Celtics, Magic and Cavaliers contenders by default, but my question is, is anyone taking these guys serious as threats at the throne? Or is this 6-2 start by these two teams irrelevant and neither will finish with 50 wins? Do any fans of the big 3 (teams) in the East consider these teams a serious threat? Do these teams need to make any moves to push them over the hill, post your thoughts here.

Edited by travesy3

Atl still needs to show me they can win when it matters later in the year. The Heat are only good because of D-Wade. No other all-stars, and no one to carry the offense when he's not on the floor. He does everything. This isn't the same team that had Shaq, Posey, Walker, etc...which gave much more talent to work with and less dependent on Wade.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

You mean Miami and Atlanta?

No for Atlanta, maybe for Miami. I think the Heat are going to look good for the rest of the season, but I have doubts about them being legit contenders.

are you serious? atlanta were better than miami last year, and they got better over the offseason. crawfords been killing it so far averaging 17.3 PPG of the bench.

It's one game.

against boston at home...

are you serious? atlanta were better than miami last year, and they got better over the offseason. crawfords been killing it so far averaging 17.3 PPG of the bench.

against boston at home...

Obivously ATL was better than the Heat but the Heat are better than they were last year. We'll see when we play each other soon enough.

And big deal, Cleveland barely ever lost at home last year and Boston made them look stupid opening night, I guess we should crown them now for that. Like I said before, its one game.

Quit hating, Atlanta has been more impressive, and remember, the Hawks beat the heat last year in 2009, So Hawks > Heat

The Heat relied on youth and were held back on key injuries. If Wade (back spasms) and O'Neal (concussion) were both completely healthy, and if Cook, Beasley, and Chalmers each had at least 1 more year of experience, then no question the Heat would have easily won that series, and I think most people can agree that the Heat could have stood a much better chance against the Cavs than the Hawks' 0-4 effort.

Quit hating, Atlanta has been more impressive, and remember, the Hawks beat the heat last year in 2009, So Hawks > Heat

Atlanta won in game 7 against an injured Miami team so the teams were obviously very closely matched. We have the same exact record right now so who's to say they're better when we haven't played each other yet.

Atlanta, Miami, and also Washington, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago or any other team in the East would not take out the Celtics, Magic or Cavaliers in a seven-game ECF. Not a chance.

Lol. Yes because the Cavaliers lineup is unstoppable with Snaq.

Edited by travesy3

The fact is Atlanta beat yall

If circumstances were switched and Joe Johnson had an injury slowing him down and Josh Smith was out completely, and if Al Horford, Marvin Williams, and Mo Evens were in their rookie year, the outcomes would have changed, and you wouldn't be saying the same things at this point.

Lol. Yes because the Cavaliers lineup is unstoppable with Snaq.

Just because the Raptors beat them in a regular season game in which the Cavs still were learning how to work with Shaq, it doesn't mean that the Raptors have their number.

And imo, Miami has done nothing to prove they are contenders. A 6-1 start doesn't justify a championship team. This team got eliminated by Atlanta. Atlanta is better and has more talent. Miami has one of the top 3 players in the league, but fact is, they didn't do squat this off season and Jermaine O'Neal and Magloire aren't the answers at the big men positions.

All I am saying is the Cavaliers aren't invincible and there are still a lot of holes on your team.

Atlanta would give your team fits if they were running up and down the floor, only Hickson and Andy would be able to handle it lol, Z and Shaq might literally die.

Also Atlanta is not in the same class as Orlando and Boston IMO solely based on experience and track record of their players. But from a talent perspective the Hawks have as much talent as anyone and could beat any team in the NBA in a 7 game series.

They are 9 guys DEEP, like 9 quality NBA players deep, all they need is another banger on the bench and a veteran presence and they could be poised for a deep playoff run.

Edited by travesy3