Is anyone seriously considering these teams contenders?

Check my Stats

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Miami has one of the top 3 players in the league, but fact is, they didn't do squat this off season and Jermaine O'Neal and Magloire aren't the answers at the big men positions.

Of course Magloire isn't any kind of answer. :lol: He hasn't done a thing on the court this season, and wasn't really expected to, either...

I don't know what you're talking about with Jermaine. He has done very well defensively for the Heat, and offensively providing a back-to-the-basket presence for the Heat. His post presence was clearly missed tonight against the Nets (out due to some sort of hip injury).

I know his 14 points and 8 board average isn't all that impressive, but his production goes beyond stats when it comes to changing shots, drawing charges, and setting up teammates offensively. Still, I wouldn't be talking about Jermaine like he isn't an answer at this point into the season, especially the way you've talked about Shaq while all he's doing is an abysmal 11 point and 7 rebound nightly performance. I understand it's early and the Cavs are adjusting. Jermaine just came out of a very long knee injury that has hurt his production for the past few years, so there is some adjustment on the Heat's end, too.

And who needs off season moves when the Heat have youth to develop. And besides, Pat Riley isn't going to rush things when his team has the most cap room in the league in 2010.

I would be absolutely shocked if JO wasn't hurt midway through the year. Whether it be major, or a nagging injury, I am almost certain after around the 65th game you will have a JO who is not playing at 100%, which is not a very useful player because he will begin to take almost all jumpers and will turn into a black hole on offense at times.

The Hawks have more than one guy who can create for himself, Wade can't even leave the games because your best scorers are basically spot up shooters lol. This is why I think it is so important for Beasley to get minutes and touches because at least this kid can fill it up, and score in a variety of ways. I would like to see the offense run through Beasley while Wade is on the bench.

As far as I am concerned the future of this team begins and ends with Beasley, if he can develop into the 20 point player he should be then the Heat look much better moving forward. If he continues this developmental halt and stays averaging 13 points all year then I would be concerned. IMO Riley should be shopping Beasley for a veteran/2nd option type of player this off-season, or maybe even now.

You keep talking about the 2010 cap space you have, but you have a free agent of your own, and whether you like it or not you should be making all attempts to appease your star player, and Wade wants to win now not next year. I feel like Wade is being taken for granted, all the other teams are scrambling to retain their guys by making deals, while the Heat stand pat and send Wade into the season as a one man team once again.

Also just a note, I was reading an article and the guy said with the cap projected to go down as of now no single team in the NBA is estimated to have enough to offer two maximum contracts in 2010. I don't know if it accurate or whatever, just saying.

Of course Magloire isn't any kind of answer. :lol: He hasn't done a thing on the court this season, and wasn't really expected to, either...

I don't know what you're talking about with Jermaine. He has done very well defensively for the Heat, and offensively providing a back-to-the-basket presence for the Heat. His post presence was clearly missed tonight against the Nets (out due to some sort of hip injury).

I know his 14 points and 8 board average isn't all that impressive, but his production goes beyond stats when it comes to changing shots, drawing charges, and setting up teammates offensively. Still, I wouldn't be talking about Jermaine like he isn't an answer at this point into the season, especially the way you've talked about Shaq while all he's doing is an abysmal 11 point and 7 rebound nightly performance. I understand it's early and the Cavs are adjusting. Jermaine just came out of a very long knee injury that has hurt his production for the past few years, so there is some adjustment on the Heat's end, too.

And who needs off season moves when the Heat have youth to develop. And besides, Pat Riley isn't going to rush things when his team has the most cap room in the league in 2010.

Dude, you talk about Shaq like we need 20 a night from him. News flash: we don't.

Unlike the Heat, the Cavs have Mo Williams, who also can put up 15-20 a night on average. Shaq's job for the Cavs is to establish that the Cavs have a physical presence in the post.

The Heat do not have a legitimate 2nd option, which is why I just don't trust them. Halsem had 28 tonight, but still you guys need a consistent 2nd option to really take the pressure off of Wade. That's why the Cavs got so much better when they got Mo. 21 wins better.

And I think the Hawks are better because they have more talent collectively. The Heat have no one like Al Horford who is much more athletic than the Heat big men. The Heat don't have a point guard consistent like Bibby, and the Heat don't have as good of a bench. The Heat have Cook, but Mo Evans, Jamaal Crawford, Joe Smith, Jeff Teague, and Zaza is a much better bench imo.

You guys just barely beat the Nets at home and it's the regular season. You're being too confident for a 7-2 regular season start.

Did I say we played well? No. We played like a pile of crap but we still found a way to win and that was a good sign.

• Owner

Lol. Yes because the Cavaliers lineup is unstoppable with Snaq.

They don't even need Shaq to play to beat the Raptors in a playoff series, probably could sit him the entire game and would still beat every East team but the Magic and Celtics.

They don't even need Shaq to play to beat the Raptors in a playoff series, probably could sit him the entire game and would still beat every East team but the Magic and Celtics.

I didn't even know the Raptors were involved in this topic. Cavs would probably be better against an offensive team like us without Shaq, playing small against us is the way to play unfortunately their coach didn't understand that.

To say Atlanta couldn't beat them in a playoff series is absolutely ignoring how they have played so far, maybe 60 games from now things will change, but if the playoffs started now the Hawks are one of the best teams in the East right now, they are better than the Cavs right now. If they ran the floor they would give the Cavaliers fits.