Kansas Jayhawks Thread

BasX

• Owner

The Jayhawks beating the Nets? I don't know about that, guys. I don't think I can name too many college teams (in NCAA history) that can handle ANY professional team. Harris, CDR, Lopez...those three were excellent college basketball players who are now better overall players, and you can even take what one of their bench-warmers did and apply that as well (Sean Williams at BC, for instance).

It would be a beating. Kansas has talent, but not all of them are going to be drafted, and not all of them will even play a single game in the pros. The Nets have a full roster of professional players. Big difference.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jayhawks beating the Nets? I don't know about that, guys. I don't think I can name too many college teams (in NCAA history) that can handle ANY professional team. Harris, CDR, Lopez...those three were excellent college basketball players who are now better overall players, and you can even take what one of their bench-warmers did and apply that as well (Sean Williams at BC, for instance).

It would be a beating. Kansas has talent, but not all of them are going to be drafted, and not all of them will even play a single game in the pros. The Nets have a full roster of professional players. Big difference.

Well.. i really am not 100% serious when i say they could beat the Nets, but it is something i have had some conversations about and have always come to a few different conclusions.

-A healthy Nets would kill KU

-KU would need to be healthy and it would have to be after this season (exp means a lot), but it could be the same team.

-There would probably be about a 15% chance that KU would actually beat beat the Nets. In a 7 game series the Nets would almost always win but in a random encounter KU could win.

The thing that makes this so possible is the fact that there is such a high level of NBA talent on this KU roster and such a low level of NBA experience, leadership and talent on the Nets roster. And i dont think this KU team is the only squad who could pull it off. Last years UNC, the fab five, '08 KU, UConn with okafor and Ben, ect, ect, ect. There have been some pretty high level college teams that could very well defeat this really really really bad Nets team.

You have to remember that most of this Nets team consists of very young players who were not top prospects. YI is very disappointing, i would have faith in Cole over Lopez, CDR is memphis garbage, Lee would be a huge exploit on the Nets part but he is not so talented to completely go off yet. I dunno, the level that Self has these KU players at is pretty ridiculous and as shown with Chalmers, Rush and Wright their game can easily translate to the NBA.

But whatever, its not a very serious argument and the only reason i started suggesting it is because i work with a couple Nets fans.

Edited by bravenewworld

You're really overrating your team. Kansas this year is far from a perfect team. Everyone on the Nets was a good enough in college to get drafted. Most of Kansas' players won't.

CDR is Memphis garbage, nice explanation dude.

Edited by La Bomba

I'm obviously exaggerating, but its a fun thought, worst team in NBA versus #1 team in the college game.

• Owner

All I'm saying is that it would still be a beating, today's Nets team (as in, this very minute) against today's Kansas squad. I'd put $1000 on that game. Lopez would score 30+ on anyone listed on the Jayhawks' roster, and I'd hate to see what Devin Harris would do against Collins. As it stands, both Harris and Lopez would be the best players in college basketball if they were somehow placed back into the NCAA, and two players of that caliber, with the addition of EVERYONE ELSE being NBA talent, there'd be no way Kansas takes out an NBA team.

Same can be said for any team in the NCAA right now, from Texas to UNC, Kansas or Kentucky.

If you want a clean example of this, take KU's 2008 championship squad. Chalmers, Rush and Arthur were the three main gears for that team. Today, two are bench players, and one (Mario) is close to being benched permanently (for Arroyo).

A team of Chalmers, Rush and Arthur, along with a bunch of college role players, would get absolutely WRECKED by the Nets...and this is using those same KU players after two years in the pros.

• 2 weeks later...

Temple came into that game as #19, they left embarrassed, that was an [expletive] kicking. All the missed threes were not just them shooting bad, KU played excellent on D and O, the 84-52 is probably a good barometer of the difference in this game.

Kansas is about to lose there first game, against Tenn. Turnovers have killed them big time.

Tyshawn Taylor is starting to drive me up a wall.

Edit: There is no reason to panic though, with the way this team has been playing lately minus the Temple game, this team seems to need a kick in the butt. We haven't played well at all and ran into a team that played desired basketball, something we need to learn (or relearn). Overall it sucks to lose but I'd rather it be non-conference than conference. We shot 27% from three with X, Sherron and Tyrel our best shooters going 4-19.

Edited by BasX

http://theshiver.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/brady-morngingstar.jpg

Oh hai, My name is Brady, and I should start.

btw, Tyrel Reed's sister is smokin, i wish i could find a pic

Such a sweet stat this is, love it. This game right now though, is so ugly, 17 turnovers already by both teams, and KU is winning by 8 but just can't hold on to the ball.

42-18 at half. Morningstar with 5 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Kid is awesome as a glue guy. Marcus Morris leads KU with 11.

Edited by BasX

He really does everything good. Good shooter, good rebounder, good passer, good hands. It's a treat to watch this kid progress and considering he will be here 2 more years, along with his brother, it is amazing. Also a front line of Robinson and the twins is so good, though, slightly undersized (depending on match-ups) thought 6'9" is an average height for C in college so it's not that bad.

I hope the other coaches are watching what Danny is doing with the bigs, because who know how long Danny will be here. He is too good a big man coach for another team not to give a head job. I wish he stayed but Self will be here a long time. If he leaves, it's Danny's job.