Kansas Jayhawks Thread

BasX

I hope the other coaches are watching what Danny is doing with the bigs, because who know how long Danny will be here. He is too good a big man coach for another team not to give a head job. I wish he stayed but Self will be here a long time. If he leaves, it's Danny's job.

I dont think we will see self leave for a very long time.

You take a position at KU because you want to be a part of history and a couple seasons ago when Pickins was throwing money at him to go back down south he flat out turned it down.

This man wants his name in the history books, he knows and understands that KU is probably THE most historic basketball program be it professional, college, dleague, whatever.

Self will be here for 20+ years i think.

And Manning might be right with him most of the trip. I dont see manning as someone who wants to coach, he does not have the X's and O's when it comes down to every position, he does however, create a mean big man. Given his history with us, i see him a lot like Bill Self and wanting to be in the history books as an elite. If he was to go anywhere else at all without it being UCLA, UK or UNC his legacy could be damaged.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady is awesome. Does so many things right. Also, this has best the day situation a KU fan could ask for. Texas just lost to UCONN and K-State just lost to Oklahoma State, at home. We got Mizzou on Monday and K-State on Saturday, massive week.

More incentive for Saturday night. If we can beat K-State, it is highly likely that we will regain the top spot.

This is how K-State gets pumped up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

The fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXpD65xwo0&feature=related

Awesome win. KSU was rockin, an awesome rivalry game since Mizzou [expletive] the bed on there end of the one earlier in the week. .

Edited by BasX

Wow, I am SO HAPPY we won that game. Few games I consider mandatory wins, because the main thing is winning in March...but this is a mandatory win.

Yea.

Typically i do not consider KSU a must win.

Rivalry, anything can happen but whatever. Everyone knows that KU is light years ahead of KSuck so in the long run a regular season game does not matter.

However this year they were ranked 12th, so yea, must win if not to just put them in their place.

Edited by bravenewworld

• Owner

Well, I'm not sure where you live, but being in Kansas, I have to hear a thousand K-State students talking about how bad ass their team is, how they are going to lay into us in Manhattan, and how they are going to win the Big 12 and eventually the National Championship. It's the most annoying thing on this Earth.

Well, I'm not sure where you live, but being in Kansas, I have to hear a thousand K-State students talking about how bad [expletive] their team is, how they are going to lay into us in Manhattan, and how they are going to win the Big 12 and eventually the National Championship. It's the most annoying thing on this Earth.

Tampa.

From Lawrence though. And have lived in Craphattan.

I would actually like to see us lose the big 12 this year, or at least get a shared title (win conference record, lose game) that way we have a better chance of winning the 6 games afterword.

• Owner

Manhattan sucks.

Great win by KU tonight. Pathetic way to foul out Aldrich...pissed me off. James didn't give him room to come down with the board, but whatever. Morris stepped up despite that dislocation, and we took it to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Good win last night. Won a share of the Big XII title but there is no way we don't win another game and win it outright... again. Also here is a cool thing about Kansas Basketball

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas junior Cole Aldrich was named the ESPN The Magazine CoSIDA Basketball Academic All-American of the Year, it was announced Monday.

Aldrich becomes the second Jayhawk basketball player to earn the honor –Jacque Vaughn won the award in 1997. Aldrich also becomes KU’s 14th basketball first-team Academic All-America selection and the first since Ryan Robertson in 1999.

"Cole Aldrich will be remembered at KU for the team accomplishments he was able to achieve during his career,” Robertson said. “Winning basketball games at the University of Kansas is a very important thing. However, to be named the Academic All-American of the Year is something from an individual basis that is truly outstanding.

“Cole exemplifies everything that is right about college athletics,” Robertson added. “As I look back on my own career, it is the one award that sticks out most. With this award, Cole has made his family, fans, and alumni proud, and I am just really happy for him."

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022210aaf.html

Congrats Cole.

So a few things. Since the loss to Ok State, KU has beaten their two rivals by a combined 38 points, including ruining Mizzou's senior night on national TV. Also Syracuse lost to Louisville in a great game (if you didn't see highlights of it go check now) for the Ville winning by 10. This means KU will be #1 coming into championship weekend. Also here is the schedule for the Big XII championship tournament and notice where Texas fell.

2010 PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 MEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Kansas City, Missouri (Sprint Center)

Wednesday, March 10 TV Time (CT)

No. 8 Colorado vs. No. 9 Texas Tech Big 12 Network 11:30 a.m.

No. 5 Missouri vs. No. 12 Nebraska Big 12 Network 2:00 p.m.

No. 7 Oklahoma State vs. No. 10 Oklahoma Big 12 Network 6:00 p.m.

No. 6 Texas vs. No. 11 Iowa State Big 12 Network 8:30 p.m.

Thursday, March 11

No. 1 Kansas vs. CU/TTU winner ESPN2 11:30 a.m.

No. 4 Texas A&M vs. MU/NU winner Big 12 Network 2:00 p.m.

No. 2 Kansas State vs. OU/OSU winner Big 12 Network 6:00 p.m.

No. 3 Baylor vs. ISU/UT winner ESPN2 8:30 p.m.

Friday, March 12

Thursday Afternoon Winners Big 12 Network 6:00 p.m.

Thursday Evening Winners Big 12 Network 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, March 13

Semifinal Winners ESPN 5:00 p.m.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

James Anderson, Oklahoma State, G, Jr., 6-6, 205, Junction City, Ark./Junction City

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Cole Aldrich, Kansas, C, Jr., 6-11, 245, Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

Ekpe Udoh, Baylor, F, Jr., 6-10, 240, Edmond, Okla./Santa Fe/Michigan

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR

Alec Burks, Colorado, G, Fr., 6-6, 185, Grandview, Mo./Grandview

SIXTH MAN AWARD

Jamar Samuels, Kansas State, F, So., 6-7, 215, Washington, D.C./The Patterson School [N.C.]

COACH OF THE YEAR

Frank Martin, Kansas State [Career: 67-30, 3rd season; At KSU: 67-30, 3rd season]

All-Big 12 First Team

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown/Previous School(s)

Cole Aldrich, Kansas C 6-11 245 Jr. Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson

Sherron Collins, Kansas G 5-11 205 Sr. Chicago, Ill./Crane

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State G 6-0 200 Jr. Maywood, Ill./Proviso East

James Anderson, Oklahoma State** G 6-6 205 Jr. Junction City, Ark./Junction City

Damion James, Texas** G/F 6-7 225 Sr. Nacogdoches, Texas/Nacogdoches

Donald Sloan, Texas A&M G 6-3 205 Sr. Dallas, Texas/Seagoville

All-Big 12 Second Team

LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor G 6-4 205 Jr. Monroe, La./Excelsior Christian School

Ekpe Udoh, Baylor F 6-10 240 Jr. Edmond, Okla./Santa Fe/Michigan

Craig Brackins, Iowa State F 6-10 230 Jr. Palmdale, Calif./Brewster Academy [N.H.]

Marcus Morris, Kansas F 6-8 225 So. Philadelphia, Pa./Prep Carter/APEX Academy [N.J.]

Denis Clemente, Kansas State G 6-1 175 Sr. Bayamon, Puerto Rico/Calusa Prep/Miami [Fla.]

All-Big 12 Third Team

Tweety Carter, Baylor G 5-11 185 Sr. Reserve, La./Reserve Christian School

Cory Higgins, Colorado G 6-5 190 Jr. Danville, Calif./Monta Vista/The Pendleton School [Fla.]

Kim English, Missouri G 6-6 200 So. Baltimore, Md./Randallstown/Notre Dame Prep

Tommy Mason-Griffin, Oklahoma G 5-11 203 Fr. Houston, Texas/James Madison

Bryan Davis, Texas A&M F 6-9 250 Sr. Dallas, Texas/Grand Prairie

All-Big 12 Honorable Mention (Listed alphabetically by school)

Alec Burks (Colorado), Marquis Gilstrap (Iowa State), Xavier Henry (Kansas), Zaire Taylor (Missouri), Willie Warren (Oklahoma), Obi Muonelo (Oklahoma State), Avery Bradley (Texas), John Roberson (Texas Tech), Mike Singletary (Texas Tech)

Big 12 All-Defensive Team

Cole Aldrich, Kansas C 6-11 245 Jr. Bloomington, Minn./Jefferson

Jacob Pullen, Kansas State G 6-0 200 Jr. Maywood, Ill./Proviso East

J.T. Tiller, Missouri G 6-3 200 Sr. Marietta, Ga./Wheeler

Dogus Balbay, Texas G 6-1 175 Jr. Istanbul, Turkey/Brewster Academy [N.H.]

Bryan Davis, Texas A&M F 6-9 250 Sr. Dallas, Texas/Grand Prairie

Big 12 All-Rookie Team

Alec Burks, Colorado G 6-6 185 Fr. Grandview, Mo./Grandview

Xavier Henry, Kansas G 6-6 220 Fr. Oklahoma City, Okla./Putnam City

Tommy Mason-Griffin, Oklahoma G 5-11 203 Fr. Houston, Texas/James Madison

Avery Bradley, Texas G 6-2 180 Fr. Tacoma, Wash./Findlay Prep [Nev.]

** - Unanimous Selection

Ties in the voting created additional spots for the All-Big 12 First Team and All-Defensive Team