Danny Manning - Assistant Coach

Brett Ballard - Director of Basketball Operations

Barry Hinson - Director of External Relations

Kyle Keller - Video Coordinator

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys won 101-65 over Hofstra. Xavier Henry led in scoring with 27 points and was 8-12 from the field including 5-8 from behind 3. Collins had 23 points on 7-15 shooting and 40% behind the arc and Cole had 11, 8 and 4. All 12 players that dressed, played.

I'm fired up for Tuesday, but it will get ugly. Memphis isn't on Kansas's level, plain and simple.

I'm pumped too, it'll help both teams a lot. Bill will probably trim down the roation alot more too.

I think Memphis needs games like these to prepare them for a tougher conference this year. We may get blown out but we don't have much to loose.

BTW, I'm hoping you guys win it all, classy program with a classy coach.

Edited by Poohdini

Kansas fans, do you guys think you can run the table? I ask that because you guys are playing in a relatively weak Big 12 this year with only one other good team in Texas. Mizzou, Ok St, KSU are all down this year and 2 of Kansas' tough out of conference games are at home.

What say the Jayhawk fans?

Edited by Flash

Can we, yes, because at each spot we are two deep, at least. However, I don't want to, I'm in the grouping of losing early can benefit a team because they then learn valuable lessons from it. However, the near loss to Memphis can serve as the same purpose. Now losing to Mizzou, Texas, Kansas State, for sepearate purposes, is unacceptable, but to a team like California, UCLA or Tennesse is a game I can understand.

But will we, no. Probably 2 or 3 losses going into the NCAA tournament. Let's remember too, KU had a hot streak going into the Big 12 tournament and lost to Baylor in the first round, as a number 1 seed.

Can we, yes, because at each spot we are two deep, at least. However, I don't want to, I'm in the grouping of losing early can benefit a team because they then learn valuable lessons from it. However, the near loss to Memphis can serve as the same purpose. Now losing to Mizzou, Texas, Kansas State, for sepearate purposes, is unacceptable, but to a team like California, UCLA or Tennesse is a game I can understand.

But will we, no. Probably 2 or 3 losses going into the NCAA tournament. Let's remember too, KU had a hot streak going into the Big 12 tournament and lost to Baylor in the first round, as a number 1 seed.

Texas is really good this year. I really think that's the only team that can give KU issues to be honest. The new class of freshman they have with Bradley and Jordan Hamilton to go along with Damion James and Pittman is great. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch those teams go at it later on in the season.

I know how good Texas is, I've followed recruiting in the Big 12 for years. Losing to KSU feels different than losing to Mizzou which feels different than losing to Texas, and it's more than the hate, but skill level. No one knows how good Texas is more than me.

I know how good Texas is, I've followed recruiting in the Big 12 for years. Losing to KSU feels different than losing to Mizzou which feels different than losing to Texas, and it's more than the hate, but skill level. No one knows how good Texas is more than me.

You don't think UT is very good this year skill wise? Idk maybe I read that wrong.

You don't think UT is very good this year skill wise? Idk maybe I read that wrong.

They could easily have more talent than Kansas. I'll just say that, Avery Bradley is the next superstar.

Edited by BasX

They could easily have more talent than Kansas. I'll just say that, Avery Bradley is the next superstar.

I have to agree with you 100%. Bradley looks like he's going to be a tremendous player down the road and Jordan Hamilton is a stud as well. That's going to be an amazing game when they play. Most likely going to be 1 vs. 2.

Ew, don't really want to think about a KU/Texas game. We need to just make sure we sustain leads against the tougher opponents. I'd love to win every single game, but all I care about is March Madness.

Exactly. Focus needs to be game-to-game and with Sherron leading the way, I don't see this as a problem.

Edited by BasX

I turned on the game (stream actually) and got it right at the 18-4 point. Thomas Robinson is making this team scary, even more than before. Kansas really doesn't have many challenges until the Big 12 play starts because Michigan, UCLA and California have all had troubles to start the year. Cole was much better tonight, but he really isn't getting much burn because the Morris twins and Robinson have earned minutes. This is scary because Withey will be back on the 15th, another 7 footer, along with Morningstar. Reed and Teahan were great tonight playing team basketball. I guess one word describes this team and that run specifically.

Awesome.