Kansas Jayhawks Thread

BasX

• Owner

Yeah man, the team isn't fully healthy...so watching stuff like this, you have to be a little scared of what we're capable of, even though we didn't beat a strong team. We were just one point away from tying the record for consecutive points scored, and the 31 points allowed is our lowest since 1951.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KU beat Radford tonight. Not much to say other than Freshman Elijah Johnson started in place of Tyshawn Taylor.

Not much of a surprise for any reason.

Taylor, while a badass, continues to be inconsistent and Johnson needs quality minutes to prove he is a badass.

Edited by bravenewworld

La Salle 65 Final

1 Kansas 90

Very impressed with a few things so far.

1. The Morris twins have really stepped it up since last season and have shown that experience is everything in NCAABB. Markieff in particular is becoming a pretty dominate force inside and out. His defense is really improving as well as his decision making. 12 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks in 28 minutes... vital of him to repeat this come March Madness.

2. The overall defense of this team has been outstanding for the past couple of games and you can tell that they are really starting to come together as a team.

3. I am also very impressed with the improvement of not only the Morris twins but with all of the now sophomores and Jrs. We are now starting to see Taylor for the player that he was once projected to be.

4. Henry 1 and 2. Both players are absolutely amazing. While we all know the damage Xavier can do and we all see this kid maturing and developing into a pure weapon every single game, i am in firm belief that CJ will be a very important part in our depth when March comes along. He may only be a first year player (kind of) but he has shown and proven to be an impact for our team and the opposing.

5. Bill Self attempting to go 6 deep at the 1-2-3.... amazing if he can pull this one off all year.

• Owner

Love the Jayhawks, and I think they are playing amazing defense and scoring buckets from all over the court...but man, these games get boring QUICK. As much as I enjoy us winning all the time, I don't like watching blowouts.

• Owner

If this team continues to improve game by game as they have been i cannot see any team beating them in the tourney. I will even go as far to say that we would treat UK the same way we treated UNC when we won it all in '08.

Yeah, and man, we close that paint up quickly on defense, and I LOVE that. That's something we haven't done as well (consistently, at least) in the past, and that's one of the reasons why Derrick Rose came out of his shell for about 20 minutes of that championship game in 2008.

John Wall is the best freshman in college basketball, hands down...and I worry about that...but I'm still confident we can make it happen.

And credit has to go to Bill Self...I rarely give him props, but he's doing a great job.

Yeah, and man, we close that paint up quickly on defense, and I LOVE that. That's something we haven't done as well (consistently, at least) in the past, and that's one of the reasons why Derrick Rose came out of his shell for about 20 minutes of that championship game in 2008.

John Wall is the best freshman in college basketball, hands down...and I worry about that...but I'm still confident we can make it happen.

And credit has to go to Bill Self...I rarely give him props, but he's doing a great job.

You mean pre-Bill Self. As you mentioned Self has been a fantastic defensive coach. That with his ability to recruit top notch four-five star players (something Roy had problems with in Lawrence) is what is going to keep us winning titles for years to come.

Roy was always all about offense. I remember watching our old games and if we got down 15 points because our offense was off then we would probably end up losing the game. Now we never get down that much and it seems to be because even if our offense is off, our defense continues to wear the other team down. Once our offense kicks in then we take the lead and win the game.

And Danny Manning is doing something for our big men that i dont see any other NCAA team doing, turning basically every big man we have into a past him. Amazing really.

Edited by bravenewworld

Kansas would kill UK. Kansas is among the most disciplined teams in the country and a very well coached team. UK relies on talent alone, and a lot of that talent is really raw. John Wall is great, but he still gets a bunch of TO's, same goes for Eric Bledsoe (who is underrated as hell BTW) and DeMarcus Cousins. The Morris twins have looked much better as the season has moved along and Kansas is starting to look pretty good in the low post.

Even if the game was close, Calipari would forget to call a timeout anyway. :lol:

So this team just got deeper. Withey, our other 7 footer is now ready to play against Michigan and so is Brady Morningstar who was a starter last year.

I'll also miss the game again tomorrow because of an exam <_<

Man, we need to get Aldrich more touches down low, and Collins has to stop turning the ball over.

That second half was ugly, but we get the win.

Nah.

Aldrich is money, Self knows that and the rest of the team knows that.

They are really working on the rest of the team and getting them prepared for the post season.

The Morris twins and Henry become more and more nasty every game and that is what will get us a title, not just Coles play.

• Owner

Nah.

Aldrich is money, Self knows that and the rest of the team knows that.

They are really working on the rest of the team and getting them prepared for the post season.

The Morris twins and Henry become more and more nasty every game and that is what will get us a title, not just Coles play.

I'm not talking about giving him shots to develop him, I'm talking about throwing the ball down low when we really need him, like we were doing in the Memphis game.

The second half was a little too sloppy for my taste in comparison to what KU has been doing all year long, so it would be nice to see them go down low and at least work off of him.

I'm not talking about giving him shots to develop him, I'm talking about throwing the ball down low when we really need him, like we were doing in the Memphis game.

The second half was a little too sloppy for my taste in comparison to what KU has been doing all year long, so it would be nice to see them go down low and at least work off of him.

Eh. The game was never out of our control and we can always expect our team to have a little slump in almost every game, thats true for most teams be it NCAA or NBA.

Either way... i am a firm believer that this KU team is good enough to beat the Nets.

Eh. The game was never out of our control and we can always expect our team to have a little slump in almost every game, thats true for most teams be it NCAA or NBA.

Either way... i am a firm believer that this KU team is good enough to beat the Nets.

I'm not only pretty much with you here, but since KU actually plays D, there have been games that KU looks like they can beat the Raptors. It's a stretch I know but I've seen certain spots, especially since Toronto can't play D, where they would go to work.

I saw the first half, missed the second, glad I did but I'm happy we got the win.