Pops or Amir?

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With rumours that Pops could be headed back to T Dot, this would pretty much guarantee Amir's minutes would be at risk of being lost. This brings up my question, who would you prefer to see getting the minutes, Amir or Pops? For me it is Amir, I feel like he is getting better each game, and brings probably more energy than any of our other bench guys besides maybe Marco. He actually crashes the glass and creates a lot of extra possessions of tip outs and things like that.

One of my favourite things about him is he knows his limits offensively, he doesn't try and create for himself and only takes appropriate shots, or layups/dunks I should say. When he is on the floor I don't have to worry about him doing anything stupid I feel like, besides the odd bone-headed foul.

I love Amir and the energy he brings. Amir just gets after it the ball and he uses his athleticism to rebound the ball which isn’t a bad thing. Pops gives you the same thing if not more energy and you don’t have to play pops at the 4 you can play him at the 3. Pops is a very good rebounder and it’s not bad thing to have up to three guys on your bench who can come in and just rebounder the ball and give our team second chance opportunities.

Amir is great and I think he is just going to get better and better for this team and its hard to choose one and cause I like both and I think they’re so similar in how they play the game. If Pop in fact joins this team I don’t think he’ll get much playing time and it would just make the bench much deeper.

Amir Johnson by far. Pops is a good rebounder, but his rebounding was inflated last season because of the fact that he would get 2 or 3 offensive rebounds a game because of his complete inability to finish around the basket. Amir is the better finisher, defender and plays within himself better. Their rebounding is probably a wash. The icing on the cake is that Amir is younger and has more potential than Pops does imo.

I liked what Pops did for the Raptors last season, but in my opinion, he got vastly overrated by a lot of people.

I don't even want to see Mensah-Bonsu back with the team anyways. The Raptors already have Bosh, Bargnani, Johnson, Rasho and Evans (when he comes back) at the 4/5 positions and I don't like Pops at the 3 at all. They would be better off getting some project player and just take a chance on him developing. Whether it is a project big or a perimeter player, it doesn't matter to me, but it should be a project. Pops is too redundant as far as I am concerned.

Amir Johnson by far. Pops is a good rebounder, but his rebounding was inflated last season because of the fact that he would get 2 or 3 offensive rebounds a game because of his complete inability to finish around the basket. Amir is the better finisher, defender and plays within himself better. Their rebounding is probably a wash. The icing on the cake is that Amir is younger and has more potential than Pops does imo.

I could argue the same point about Amir Johnson. That’s why to a certain point I feel that they’re very similar.

I could argue the same point about Amir Johnson. That’s why to a certain point I feel that they’re very similar.

Umm, no you can't (well, I guess you can).

Just look at these stats:

Amir Johnson: 59.3 FG% (career 57.8%), 2.7 FGA (career 2.7), 1.6 FGM (career 1.6) and 2.3 ORPG (career 1.6)

Pops Mensah-Bonsu (with Raptors last year): 35.4 FG% (career 41.1%), 5.1 FGA (career 3.3), 1.8 FGM (career 1.3) and 2.6 ORPG (career 1.7).

So I really fail to see how Amir Johnson's rebounding numbers are inflated because he is grabbing all of these offensive rebounds off of his own misses when he is shooting 59% and is only missing 1 shot a game. Last season with Toronto Pops was grabbing 2.6 offensive boards and taking 5.1 shots a game while only shooting 35%. So at most Johnson would only be able to grab one offensive board off of his own miss compared to Pops being able to grab almost 4.

So yeah, I guess you could argue the same point for Amir, if you want to make an idiot out of yourself, lol. The facts are right there.

Edited by Built Ford Tough