OTR's IQ Competition

ChosenOne

First off I have no idea if this is the right forum to post it under. Mod please move it if it is not.

I was thinking that we should have a OTR competition like Stump the Schuab kinda. We should get about 10-15 members and have one person giving them random basketball questions that test basketball intelligence, stats ect. We could do it on AIM but I think if we did it on like on a website with live stream, justin.tv maybe or something like that we could attract alot more attention and possible members for this place.

Thoughts?

Edited by ChosenOne

• Owner

JTV would be great for us. I'm just not sure how great of an impact it would make as far as luring our guys over to the site...yet, it would make for a great recruiting tool.

I think it would be best to use JTV to broadcast games, flashing our link on the main page, or something.

An NBA trivia challenge would be cool, but you'd have to rack up tons of questions to ask beforehand, and it would be a "who can use Google the fastest" challenge, overall.

The problem I have with it...is that I can't run it. I have a ton on my plate already. If someone else can get it done, I'll stick you on as a staff member (as I've done with Wali and Andre)...but there has to be proof that this works.

• Owner

Sure, but there are JTV pages that get around 100-300 people chatting at once (and if you're female, 600+).

Running a game similar to ATH would be impossible for anything over 10 people, I would imagine.

Yeah I had this idea in the summer where I can host a trivia contest like this and no one wanted to do it or everyone just bashed it so it never happened

I remember when you came up this idea, i was interested. Too bad it never happened.

Yeah I had this idea in the summer where I can host a trivia contest like this and no one wanted to do it or everyone just bashed it so it never happened

Yeah I thought someone had an idea like this could not think of who.

Some one needs to step up and say I can run this, doing it on jtv would be great for OTR. I am sure we can get enough people to take up the competition.

Who's down to run this?