Celts/Kings/Sixers 3way in works?

Guest N4S

• Owner

On paper, the Celtics should be able to win every single game for the rest of the season.

Ray Allen

Paul Pierce

Rajon Rondo

Kendrick Perkins

Rasheed Wallace

Marquis Daniels

Kevin Garnett

Andres Nocioni

Lester Hudson

Brroeaihtgioh.

On paper, the Celtics should be able to win every single game for the rest of the season.

Ray Allen

Paul Pierce

Rajon Rondo

Kendrick Perkins

Rasheed Wallace

Marquis Daniels

Kevin Garnett

Andres Nocioni

Lester Hudson

Brroeaihtgioh.

I don;t want Boston to have home court over us if we meet in the finals though... -_-

• Owner

I don't even see why the Kings would be stupid enough to make this deal in the first place. They lose an expiring in Thomas and a halfway decent player in Nocioni, to get Giddens (who has done nothing in his short career) and Dalembert, a toxic contract and a player who rarely wants to play like a big man.

You have Tyreke, Martin, Thompson and Hawes. Build around that.

The more I think about it, the less I think this will happen. I don't think this franchise is that ignorant.

im surprise that boston wud send scalabrine any where. people in boston is in love with this guy for some reason.

prob cause he is white with red hair and he is the closest thing to irish and leprechans

Edited by N4S
  • Like 1

So can somebody explain to me why exactly the Kings would even consider this deal?

They are hardly a contending team and are not even a playoff team despite what their recent hot streak says. They are still rebuilding so why do they trade Kenny Thomas and his expiring deal to acquire Sameul Dalembert and his horrific contract? I can understand packaging Thomas with Nocioni if they are desperate enough to rid theirselves of his contract, but adding Dalembert just makes their situation worse.

I didn't like the rumour floating around about Okafor for Thomas, but at least Okafor is a good two way player that can contribute and be a part of the team going forward(I just don't think it would be smart for a rebuilding team to take on that kind of contract), Dalembert is just a bum and will hinder them from making moves.

Unless ownership thinks that this move will somehow convince people to come out to the games and incrase attendance, it makes no sense for the Kings to do this.

For Philly, I like this move a lot. They get rid of Dalembert's ridiculous contract while adding 3 expiring deals. They may lose out from a talent standpoint (even though Dalembert is hardly talented) but this move definitely puts them in a better position for the long haul.

Lastly, Boston gets a lot better as well. Nocioni would really fit in well with the Celtics system. He is a tough, gritty player and that is exactly the kind of player that Rivers would love to have off of his bench. He is a capable offensive player and will do the little things for the Celtics. It gives them a very good backup to relieve Pierce and allow them to cut his minutes. Nocioni could play a similar role that James Posey did in the Celtics Championship run. Obviously Nocioni isn't as good of a defender as Posey was for the Celtics, but they both bring a lot of the same things to the table.

I like the move for both Philly and Boston, but I absolutely hate it for the Kings.

From a talent standpoint, I love this deal for every team. Great move for Boston, it just makes them that much better. Solid deal for Sac town although I hate Slamming Sammy. He isn't worth his contract, but bigs always get overpaid. I love it for Philly as well. It allows them to help clear up cap space with the move and get some ok pieces. It really only sucks from the standpoint because Speights went down and will be out for a month or two. Hopefully the move would allow Brand to get into the swing of things.

Financially I hate it for Boston. It will hurt the team's cap flexibility, especially when it comes to resigning Pierce and (possibly) Allen.

I would say Hawes is doing just fine, he's around 10/8 in under 30 mpg. His FG% is low but that's because he shoots a lot of 3's. Shoots FT's very well for a big. He needs to show more of that back to the basket game and old school post moves that were supposed to be his bread and butter coming out of college. I think the addition of Dalemert gives them depth and a legit front court rotation. Besides their 2 young bigs, they had nobody that deserved to play minutes in the post. There are enough minutes for 3 bigs to play 32 mpg each if one can play both post positions (which both Hawes and Thompson can if I'm not mistaken) so I think all 3 of them will play around 30, with performance dictating who gets the rest. I really like what it does for their front court.

Even though the deal is dead...

B]Source: Celtics Haven't Discussed Nocioni[/b]

A report on Tuesday linked the Celtics to a three-team deal with the Kings and 76ers that would land them forward Andres Nocioni. However, sources told the Boston Globe that no such trade has been discussed. One of the sources went as far as to say that the Celtics have not spoken to the Kings about Nocioni, who has been linked to Boston before. He has three years and nearly $21 million left on his contract, which could be scaring the Celtics off.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62857/20091118/source_celtics_havent_discussed_nocioni/

Celtics are able to do this deal because they are one of the few teams in the league that do not care about their cap situation along with teams like Dallas. They aren't players next year for 2010 so they can take back a contract like Noc without hesitating because it doesn't have an effect on them in the long run. They have KG locked up, Rondo locked up, pierce and Allen will be locked up. I am sure Perkins will be locked up too. They don't need to worry about 2010. That is why I think there are teams out there like the Celtics, Mavs, Lakers, etc... that can get steals just because they don't care about 2010.