Tyreke's hot start

La Bomba

I watched a lot of Tyreke Evans. I tried to catch as many of his games possible when he was in high school after he committed to Memphis and I watched every just about every Memphis game there was to watch. To me, Evans was a SG playing point guard, but he really couldn't be trusted at SG all the time because of his shot and he doesn't have the ball in his hands constantly. I thought he could develop into a very solid player in ethier position, but I thought it would take a few years. I just saw him as extremely green.

I didn't think his transition to the NBA game would be easy because in college, he would just overpower people in the paint when he penetrated, but was no threat to hit no more than a 15 footer. At times, he would look out of control and sloppy. I thought he was going to be a TO's machine in first few season.

I'm just so impressed with his poise and his work ethic at his young age. His shot has improved drastically. He has gotten even stronger, and he is working so much harder on the defensive end than people gave him credit for in high school.

Jennings gets all the spotlight, and rightfully so, but Evans is having a great season so far. His stats are pretty impressive for a guy that was supposed to be a "raw talent" player.

G MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%

10 34.3 17.1 4.4 4.3 1.5 0.4 .410 .261 .758