Brand dominant again in Cleveland

kingfish

• Owner

Yeah, he showed JJ Hickson and Zydrunas Ilgauskas who's boss!

Again, it doesn't translate into wins, and his defense sucked. He doesn't fit well in the offense, and that's why Philly is a bad basketball team.

If the Sixers wanted Zach Randolph and his 20/10, I guess they got their man.

Well I mean its a step up from what they WERE getting. Brand isnt the best defender, but im not sure he ever was. At least hes getting the numbers now. And hes playing well, before he was getting like 25 mins and like 10 points and 5 rebounds. Yeah it doesnt tranlate into wins, but its the Sixers. At least Brand isnt a total failure now.

• Owner

It makes him expendable. He's still a shell of his former self, even if he averages 20/10 throughout the entire season. When he was in LA, he did draw doubles and make passes, was a player everyone worried about. Now, teams just let him have at it, not worrying about a 40-point performance (which is what I would call dominating, not 20-25 points).

Kevin Martin's 25 a night looked good for the Kings, until they lost him. Sacramento can now say that K-Mart is expendable, because they have a player that can actually put up the numbers AND play within the offense, while at least trying to play defense (Evans).

Elton Brand is a power forward version of Kevin Martin, in that regard. Both are players you'd want to have as second or third options, but neither are players that will lead your team to victories. A Zach Randolph comparison isn't fair, and that's my fault...but he's closer to Randolph than he is someone like Amare, who may not play defense but CAN play within a team-oriented offense.

Yeah, he showed JJ Hickson and Zydrunas Ilgauskas who's boss!

Again, it doesn't translate into wins, and his defense sucked. He doesn't fit well in the offense, and that's why Philly is a bad basketball team.

If the Sixers wanted Zach Randolph and his 20/10, I guess they got their man.

Brand had 16 points going into the fourth, and had three touches total in the last quarter, all of which were created by himself. Hickson, Ilgauskas, and Varejao — not at all a bad defensive front. Besides, any of their lapses on defense are mitigated by Jordan's erratic offense. Brand still isn't receiving the ball in advantageous positions, our distributors still aren't feeding him when he is, and we still can't spread the floor.

Nothing translates into wins for this team! The least Jordan can do is optimize our chances to. His defense didn't suck, his wings left him out to dry, and no one can stop LeBron when he gets a running start and puts his head down. All things considered—like the head coach's defensive incompetence—Brand was probably our best defender not only last night, but the last three games where he's also been the best player. Coincidentally, he's also been played 35+ minutes in each contest.

The entire team doesn't "fit this offense". That's the real reason why Philly blows.

Brand's last three games:

18 points, 14 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

22 points, 6 boards, 4 steals, 4 blocks

19 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, 6 blocks

Give him the [expletive]ing ball.