Will any Wizard be an All Star this season?

JWaLL

Despite the team struggling for wins, do you feel that any Wizard deserves a spot on the All Star team this year? Jamison is averaging 25 ppg and 10.8 rpg, and while Gilbert is somewhat struggling percentage wise, he is still putting up decent numbers with 22.1 ppg and 6.4 apg. I don't think Butler will snag a spot just because of the other elite small forwards in the Eastern Conference. Right now I would say Jamison is easily the most deserving of a spot on the roster, but I don't think Gilbert is playing efficiently enough to get a spot despite his scoring numbers.

Butler doesn't even deserve a spot in the All Star Game right now...neither does Arenas for that matter. The only person who even has a chance to make it right now is Jamison.

But the ASG is in February, I think Arenas will get his act together and play great soon enough. I see him and Jamison getting into the ASG this year if all goes well.

Butler doesn't even deserve a spot in the All Star Game right now...neither does Arenas for that matter. The only person who even has a chance to make it right now is Jamison.

But the ASG is in February, I think Arenas will get his act together and play great soon enough. I see him and Jamison getting into the ASG this year if all goes well.

I hope he fixes his game up. He is back into the habit of rushing into difficult shots on offensive possessions. We have enough weapons on our team to not rely on him scoring a lot.

Jamison is definitely deserving though. He is just playing like an All Star despite our disappointing performance so far this season.

Here's a post I made on a different forum. It doesn't have much to do about this specific topic, but I wanted to share it now:

Defense hasn't been the Wizards problem this year as it has been in year's past. Outside of the last two games where the Thunder and Spurs were just killing them from the outside, their defense has been decidedly average (which is a dramatic step up than the Eddie Jordan era).

No, their problems lies in chemistry and specifically offensive chemistry. Jamison is trying to fit back in with the team. Miller and Foye have both in and out of the line-up due to injury and are still trying figure out what their roles are and get accustomed to them. Arenas isn't quite sure what his role is, whether it's to be the distributor or to carry the load scoring and this is hurting his aggressiveness. Butler has been vaguely atrocious so far this season, killing offensive movement by holding the ball, not rotating or really creating for anyone but himself and just taking poor shots as a basic principle. Blatche is finally playing with his head on straight 90% of the time, but this is only making him more confused because his role is changing on a nightly basis due to injuries and because he's actually thinking about things now, it's not helping him. On top of that Oberto and Stevenson have been getting rotation minutes together and neither of them can score to save their lives. Not to mention Earl Boykins has been useless after his first two games (one of those games being against the Cavs when Mo Williams had no idea whatsoever how to guard or score against Boykins). He can't play off the ball and is only useful with it in his hands, in which case he just over dribbles until he's forced to give the ball up. The most consistent player on the Wizards roster so far has been Brendan Haywood (well, and I suppose Nick Young).

This is a team that not only added a new coach but are essentially playing three rotation players from last season (Butler, Jamison, and Blatche). Arenas, Haywood, and Stevenson might have all played together with them a season or two ago, but it's overlooked that not only are they trying to fit back into the fold but their also having to learn a new system. Add that to the fact that they have yet to play with a consistent line-up so far in the early season, and that leads to a lack of team cohesion, which is the biggest problem so far. Whether they're able to meld together early enough (or at all) to salvage the season is up for debate though.