Toby Gerhart destroys Notre Dame

damien

There's no doubt Tebow will be in NY but he isn't gonna win. I truly believe that McCoy won it vs. Texas A&M the other night with the performance of the season IMO.

Tebow is a heck of a player but as a QB I have my doubts when it comes to the next level.

Gerhart easily deserves it the most. Tebow hasn't had the stats this season, and McCoy has had a drop off in stats this year.

Are you serious? Colt McCoy is completing over 70% of his passes and is leading his team to an undefeated season. Gerhart has the lowest YPC among the top 5 rushing leaders in the NCAA and has gotten at least 50 more carries over the course of the season than any of them. Those defenses mentioned above have proven to be weak and overrated. Ingram is going up against SEC defenses week after week. Both Ingram and Spiller deserve the award more than Gerhart.

Are you serious? Colt McCoy is completing over 70% of his passes and is leading his team to an undefeated season. Gerhart has the lowest YPC among the top 5 rushing leaders in the NCAA and has gotten at least 50 more carries over the course of the season than any of them. Those defenses mentioned above have proven to be weak and overrated. Ingram is going up against SEC defenses week after week. Both Ingram and Spiller deserve the award more than Gerhart.

while in my mind it came down to gerhart vs ingram, you cant put spiller up there. I was watching Clemson vs. South Carolina and one of the commentators said it perfectly, when he said that the ACC is nothing compared to the SEC when it comes to team speed on defense. Spiller has to put up huge numbers to be truly impressive in my book.

while in my mind it came down to gerhart vs ingram, you cant put spiller up there. I was watching Clemson vs. South Carolina and one of the commentators said it perfectly, when he said that the ACC is nothing compared to the SEC when it comes to team speed on defense. Spiller has to put up huge numbers to be truly impressive in my book.

Spiller is third in the nation in terms of all purpose yards and became the ACC's all time All Purpose Yards leader this year. He's got over 2000 all purpose yards. Also, what Pac-10 defenses are so much better than Virginia Tech, Miami and Georgia Tech?

Edited by Flash

16 attempts and 30 yards against Auburn for Ingram gives the story. He is too inconsistent. And don't give me any of that SEC bull[expletive], the SEC was very overrated this year

McCoy is down on stats this year, and Tebow is as well obviously. Gerhart was his entire offense all year. 26 TDs and 5.6 YPC is unprecedented.

and on defense, Oregon, Arizona, and Arizona St are pretty comparable. USC, Oregon St, and UCLA have better total defense than Ga Tech.

Edited by Lkr

16 attempts and 30 yards against Auburn for Ingram gives the story. He is too inconsistent. And don't give me any of that SEC bull[expletive], the SEC was very overrated this year

He was injured in the game. Hip pointer. Either way dude is still 6th in the nation in terms or yards with 90 less carries then Gerhart against better competition.

He was injured in the game. Hip pointer. Either way dude is still 6th in the nation in terms or yards with 90 less carries then Gerhart against better competition.

against better competition? :lol:

i highly doubt Chattanooga, Florida International and North Texas is better than Oregon, USC, and Cal. 3 defenses Gerhart destroyed

idk what happened to my Trojan defense this year :(

No, but Virginia Tech, LSU and South Carolina are outstanding defenses not to mention Tennessee. Ingram went for 250 against USCe. I'm not an SEC guy but even I realize that Ingram deserves it more.

No, but Virginia Tech, LSU and South Carolina are outstanding defenses not to mention Tennessee. Ingram went for 250 against USCe. I'm not an SEC guy but even I realize that Ingram deserves it more.

Arizona St has a better Defense than all of those teams. Arizona and Oregon are better on D than LSU.

Oregon St has a better rush D than all of those teams, and Southern Cal has a better rush D than SCar and VT

Edited by Lkr

It's really tough for me to pick between Ingram and Gerhart. Here are the stat lines

Ingram: 221 runs, 1429 yards, 12 TD

Gerhart: 311 runs, 1736 yards, 26 TD

Ingram played on a championship contender, so he had a great supporting cast and offensive line. Gerhart played on a team that many thought was still rebuildingand wouldn't be too great, and yet the team won as many games as it did because of Gerhart. As much as it hurt me to decide on this topic, as I'm a big Ingram fan, I think Gerhart is more deserving.

I don't think Ingram should be considered unless he somehow destroys Florida's defense, which is not likely considering how he did against Auburn. I think his poor performance last week against Auburn hurt him a lot.

lol Gerhart got 90 more carries playing against weaker comp. Give Ingram 90 more carries and he'll get as many yards and come close to the TD's. Either way, McCoy's gonna get it.

I love how I've posted proof that everything you've posted about Gerhart playing inferior D was wrong, yet you ignore it. You have showed you have no knowledge about college football.

• Like 1

Really? Ingram went against 3 defenses in the top 20 in terms of total defense and put up monster numbers. He's also not getting carries because Trent Richardson is behind him and has gotten 115 carries whereas Stanford's backup only has 55 carries all season.

Respond to my point of the discrepancy in carries then. This wouldn't be a conversation if Ingram had as many carries as Gerhart.

Really? Ingram went against 3 defenses in the top 20 in terms of total defense and put up monster numbers. He's also not getting carries because Trent Richardson is behind him and has gotten 115 carries whereas Stanford's backup only has 55 carries all season.

Respond to my point of the discrepancy in carries then. This wouldn't be a conversation if Ingram had as many carries as Gerhart.

Even without the extra carries, Gerhart would still have more yards and TDs.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

and

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=4&rpt=IA_teamrushdef&site=org

Gerhart has played better defenses