Ron Artest admits to drinking during games

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/NBA/LAK/NBA_Artest_small.jpg

----------

Ron Artest admits to drinking during games

Lakers forward Ron Artest admits he used to drink alcohol during games while he was on the Bulls. "I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," said Artest, who played with the Bulls from 1999-2002. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it." This is very shocking news and it will be interesting to see what David Stern has to say about this one.

---

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/12/ron-artest-admits-to-drinking-during-games-while-with-bulls.html

• Owner

How did he actually get away with that? Would he just tell Tim Floyd he had to run an errand or something, or did he actually stick his head in the locker and drink it without anyone looking? :lol:

Stupid, though. Good way to get kicked out of the league when you're a promising, potential star.

did u see the rest of the article lmao

he STILL wanna fight ben wallace.

"I see Ben, I'm on my guard now. I'm always in the mood to fight him. … I'll get suspended 10 games, 15 games (because) I'll just fight him right there. It won't go into the stands."

when do lakers play pistons? lmao jk.

What WAS wrong with him...

No, what IS wrong with him. Did you click full story? He mentioned things like still wanting to fight Ben Wallace and not caring about the ramifications. He has some issues that can't be ignored just because he is a good player.

Edited by Gil-Zero

• Owner

No, what IS wrong with him. Did you click full story? He mentioned things like still wanting to fight Ben Wallace and not caring about the ramifications. He has some issues that can't be ignored just because he is a good player.

LOL, he's kidding. There was another interview about a month ago where he said that him and Ben are friends.

Being on a championship team, with a champion as a teammate, and a championship coach, changes things.

LOL, he's kidding. There was another interview about a month ago where he said that him and Ben are friends.

Being on a championship team, with a champion as a teammate, and a championship coach, changes things.

He could have been drunk when he said that. ;)

Wow, he's a pretty open guy isn't he, kind of getting suspicious with this guy, he's no problem on the court but going on a late night show pretty much half naked, then being pretty damn open to discussing this. The leats ron can do is slow down with his antics.

He is insane no doubt, but he said hes fine now, how he was more crazy in chicago because he was a kid, and got better in Indy, and how he was almost there in sac town, then 97% in houston, but now 100% with the lakers.

and he should be, he has kobe and pau and his friend lamar. Hes the closest to winning a ring he will ever be, so why not be open about it, admit past mistakes and move on. He doesnt want to be tiger woods and have it come out later on and bite him in the [expletive].