Vince Carter, Jason Kidd Glad to Have Escaped Sinking Nets

NJNJ

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2009/12/carter-kidd-2007-200-1259790771.jpg

Vince Carter just shook his head sadly Wednesday morning. He had no desire to talk about the sorry state of his former team.

The New Jersey Nets, who traded him to Orlando this summer as part of a salary cap dump for 2010, are poised to set an NBA record for futility tonight after losing 17 consecutive games to start a season.

No. 18 will be the magic number.

"Let's wait until they win their first game,'' Carter said. "At this point, there's not much I could say."

CONTINUE READING

• Owner

Both of them won't be saying that when the 2010-11 Nets look like this:

C - Brook Lopez

PF - whoever the hell they want

SF - LeBron James

SG - Devin Harris

PG - John Wall

And that's leaving out CDR and Lee. And Tony Battie.

I seriously have to question whether or not the Nets can land a big free agent this summer like LeBron when the team is on its way to hell like this. Sure, they'll probably get the #1 draft pick, and they've got some talented young players, but despite that they're still not winning. I just don't understand the logic of leaving a team like the Cavaliers, when they play great are contenders, for a team like the Nets where they can't win jack squat. I just don't see it.

• Owner

I seriously have to question whether or not the Nets can land a big free agent this summer like LeBron when the team is on its way to hell like this. Sure, they'll probably get the #1 draft pick, and they've got some talented young players, but despite that they're still not winning. I just don't understand the logic of leaving a team like the Cavaliers, when they play great are contenders, for a team like the Nets where they can't win jack squat. I just don't see it.

Would you go to the Nets if they were to land John Wall, and have a healthy Devin Harris and Brook Lopez in the five?

Would you go to the Nets if they were to land John Wall, and have a healthy Devin Harris and Brook Lopez in the five?

Granted, that would be a better team than this years Nets, but even with a group like that I would question it. Sure, LeBron would be able to win games just by himself, but players can improve only so much, especially in one off-season. They'll be better with LeBron playing with them, but then they'll probably fall back to their old habits if they're not playing well.

Kobe Bryant made Smush Paker look good, but he was still trash. (Not saying all the Nets players are trash, just using it as an example. ;) )

In two weeks, Battie, Dooling, Hayes, and Yi will all be back. Yi has put up great performances and shown improvement in the games he's played this year, and he and Battie can fix our problem with limited front court pieces. Dooling and Hayes were simply great for us off the bench last year, and Hayes will probably be our starting SF. Maybe we'll still struggle, but we shouldn't be a disaster at that point, considering the fight our team has shown these past few weeks with 8-10 players.