On second thought: LeBron '50-50' on dunk contest

NJNJ

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James flying high during All-Star weekend is no longer a slam dunk.

After saying at last year's event in Phoenix that he planned to dunk in the 2010 festivities in Dallas, James now says he's "50-50" about taking part.

James felt last year's contest was too "watered down" and his participation might revive the weekend's signature event.

"I'm like 50-50 right now," he said Wednesday night before a game against Phoenix. "I don't know if you can get it back to the 80s and like in '98 when Vince (Carter) was in it. It was more about the dunks and less about what was going on around the dunks. We'll see what happens."

So why has he changed his mind?

"I was excited," he said. "When I said it I was very excited about doing it. I was there at the event and you get caught up in it a little bit."

It almost seems as if he is trying to tease everyone with his on and off comments of joining the dunk contest. The event usually sucks nowadays anyways so its no big deal for me I probably would not watch regardless.

Edited by Ya Dig!

• Owner

Haha, Jer...I noticed it too. I don't like Vince, not a Raptors fan either...but everyone should know that Carter won it in 2000, one of the best slam dunk contest performances ever (if not the best).

As for LeBron entering, I don't care. I would rather see James White in his place, with Shannon Brown, Andre Iguodala, and others who can actually pull off complicated, fancy dunks. If I wanted to see guys jump high and throw down tomahawks and two-handed jams, I'd just watch a Cavaliers/Nets game.

lol I didn't really believe he was gonna enter in the first place.

Haha, Jer...I noticed it too. I don't like Vince, not a Raptors fan either...but everyone should know that Carter won it in 2000, one of the best slam dunk contest performances ever (if not the best).

As for LeBron entering, I don't care. I would rather see James White in his place, with Shannon Brown, Andre Iguodala, and others who can actually pull off complicated, fancy dunks. If I wanted to see guys jump high and throw down tomahawks and two-handed jams, I'd just watch a Cavaliers/Nets game.

James White

Shannon Brown

Andre Iguodala

somebody else...Moon maybe?

Would be pretty epic.

• Owner

lol I didn't really believe he was gonna enter in the first place.

James White

Shannon Brown

Andre Iguodala

somebody else...Moon maybe?

Would be pretty epic.

Wish they would go eight.

James White

Shannon Brown

Andre Iguodala

Josh Smith

Dwight Howard

DeMar DeRozan