Kevin Durant Claims Losing Turned Him Into Player He Is Today

NJNJ

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1c/fullj.3404906d432a6ba75b83fadc708bcde4/3404906d432a6ba75b83fadc708bcde4-getty-90040937lm033_wizards_thunder.jpg

With the Celtics in town on Friday night, the Thunder have been reflecting on the 2007 trade that sent Ray Allen from the Sonics to Boston. The trade paved the way for a Celtics championship while also helping the then-Sonics build their current nucleus.

"I’m glad they did it that way,” said Kevin Durant of the organization’s rebuilding. "I like the route they took with helping me grow as a player and also Jeff. I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

"It was tough losing like that, but it turned me into the player I am. It put a lot of onus on me growing up fast and helping me become a better leader. Because if those guys would have been there, none of the responsibility would have been on me. I would have just been another rookie learning.”

I agree 100%. I wasn't to happy when we lost Ray Ray and Lewis but then I starting looking at how young we were getting. We drafted KD and Green and I was happy followed by Westbrook then we brought in Thabo and now we have Harden. The Sonics/ Thunder have had the toughest time finding a good big man but right now, I'm content with Kristic, I love his mid range game. Not to mention I think Mullens could really develop if we get the right man coaching him. Overall I think the Thunder have a very promising future and I can't wait for them to finish this season strong. If they get some playoff XP this season I think they can really be a factor next season. My favorite part about this team is they are battling with the Western Conference, even though the WC has slowed down a bit in the dominace catogory, I still think they're the better conference.