Nnamdi Asomugha vs Troy Polamalu

Legacy

That's tough, but just based on impact I'm going to say Troy Polamalu. The Steelers defense is no where as dominant when Troy is injured (just look at the stats).He is basilly another LB when it comes to run support, and he is second to Ed Reed when it comes to awareness. His speed combined with his strenght and tackling abilities makes him the best safety in the NFL. As far as Asomugha goes I think Darrell Revis has overtaken him as the best CB in the NFL.

Why does no one know him? :(

He's the best CB in the league. The only time the Raiders are talked about, they are only clowned on.

Reason I probably have never heard of him is because he is on the Raiders and they never get any attention TV. Only time they do is when they are on cmon' man, which seems like a weekly thing for them.

I actually thought you were joking, lol.

Same here.

I believe him, I think only die hard NFL fans and Raider fans know him.

Agreed not many know of him and his shutdown abilities, well then again you really can blame them he does play for a sorry Raiders team.

I would take Troy because he helps in more than just covering he is always down in the box for the run and then when he realises that it is not a run he flys back out to help on the pass. Still I am not taking anything away from Nnamdi Asomugha he is a fantastic corner arguably the best in the game today, he has no pass rush or any safety help so what he does is very special for a team.

Nnamdi is by far the better player but I've never seen someone impact a defense like Troy does. Its amazing to see the difference in the Steelers' defense when he's on the field compared to when he isn't.

its really hard to compare them. polamalu has always had a very good defense around him along with a good coaching staff and offense. asomugha is pretty much alone on defense. its much easier to look great on a very good defense then it is on a bad defense (not saying polamalu is bad, just that he has an advantage)

as great as Nnamdi is, I've seen him get beat pretty badly in the Jets, Giants, and Cowboys games (the only Raiders games ive seen this year). I know that he doesn't have talented safeties to help, but he hasn't looked like he's in good form this season