Demar Confirms Dunk Contest

Doc

The best part of the night for me was talking to DeMar DeRozan who confirmed that he will be participating in the dunk contest during All-Star weekend in February (remember SLAMonline broke that news first) and he said that he had “Some s**t,” so everybody get ready. He didn’t seem to be up on dunk contest history too much because he asked me if any rookies had ever won it. I told him that JR Rider won when he was a rookie, as well as Kobe Bryant and Gerald Green. But it was no big deal; I just liked the way that he was thinking. Raptor Nation, you may have another dunk title coming your way real soon.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/12/game-notes-raptors-at-bulls/

Vince Who?

Cool. On the topic of dunk contest, it will probably be Demar, Howard, Nate, and maybe Lebron. Same old suspects, I dont mind Lebron, but Howard and Nate need to gtho. Nates the defending champion, so I think he has to do it. Howard should step aside for Shannon Brown. I want some new dunkers damnit.

We need some actual dunkers. Big men should not be in the dunk competition.

I hate having little men in the dunk contest as well. It is basically the exact same gimmick everytime. "Look at me, I am under 6 feet and can do basic dunks so give me a perfect score." Spudd Webb was amazing just because he was the pioner of the little man dunk contest participants but Nate Robinson has been absolutely terrible in both of the competitions in my opinion. If he was 6'3 nobody would even give a second look to any of the dunks that he had.

I've been getting turned off from the dunk contest over the last couple of years though. It is getting way too gimmicky for my liking. The last dunker who actually wowed me was probably Andre Iguodala, who was absolutely robbed because of what I was talking about above in regards to Nate Robinson. In Dwights first contest he had some great dunks, the off the backboard one in particular.

I am sure that one of DeRozan's dunks are going to be him taking off his jersey to reveal a throwback purple Vince Carter jersey and doing one of Carter's signature dunks. Awesome...

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Iguodala wont enter after getting robbed that year.

if demar is for sure in, i doubt the others will be dwight, nate, and lebron, demar would deff be the odd man out

i think well be seeing a demar, nate, brown, and one other, (not likely dwight or lebron)

im sick of nate as well though, its impressive, but its been done. step aside and try and get the knicks to respectability.