College Football Playoff Bill Moves Forward

Cobb

Source: CBS News.com

A House subcommittee this morning passed legislation that would force college football to switch from the current Bowl Championship Series to a traditional playoff system.

"There are quite a few steps to go still in this process, but today's subcommittee vote is important because it will help the BCS finally start to respond to overwhelming public sentiment in favor of a playoff," Matt Sanderson, spokesman for the anti-BCS Playoff PAC, told CBSNews.com.

Bowl Championship Series Executive Director Bill Hancock emailed a statement countering that claim, arguing that "the consensus among the presidents, athletics directors, coaches and faculty from the 120 major universities is that the current system is the best."

"With all the serious matters facing our country, surely Congress has more important issues than spending taxpayer money to dictate how college football is played," he added.

Congress has bigger issues. Waste of tax payer dollars for them to even have this take time away from the House and Congress's real problems they should be adressing. Would I like a college playoff? Depends I would but I wouldn't. But still this bill is ridiculous if they take time with it.

Agreed. This is dumb as hell. Congress has no business in arranging a college football playoff, actually, they shouldn't even be involved in sports at all.