Lebron could join Clippers?

kingfish

The Clippers have seven players under contract for next season, potential young stars in Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon to go along with Baron Davis, Chris Kaman and Al Thornton.

If the Clippers still have to drop someone to clear more salary room for James, that's easy -- bye Al.

In a recent interview, Donald Sterling was talking about having a ton of money and wanting to spend it on a superstar. He thought he had a deal with Kobe Bryant. Why shouldn't he think there's a chance to land James?

link

:lol: Maybe?

The Cavs management at one point had some liking towards the idea of signing Baron Davis (this was the year they ended up signing Hughes), but it didn't go through because LeBron and Baron won't work together as LeBron can't have the ball taken out of his hands and as we know Baron would certainly limit LeBron's control on the offense.

Also, why would he go to LA when he knows they all love Kobe, the guy he's trying to surpass. Yeah I know that's the Lakers and not the Clippers...but the Clippers....He isn't leaving Cleveland until he does what he came here for.

I doubt LeBron ever dawns a Clipper uni, but I could actually envision Dwyane Wade signing with the club. LA would host the two best SG's in the league, Kobe and Wade. I believe Wade is dating Gabrielle Union, who I'm sure lives in Hollywood. So in that sense, it would work out well. I know there's only like five different teams that will be able to sign a player to a max contract this summer, so anything's possible.

Edited by HOV

• Owner

One of the two (LeBron or Wade) would be smart to go there. LeBron would play the three, obviously, with talent surrounding him.

C - Kaman

PF - Griffin

SF - LeBron

SG - Gordon

PG - Davis

Wade would play the point, and the Clippers would either trade Baron, or bring him off the bench (it would take quite a bit to convince him of the latter).

C - Kaman

PF - Griffin

SF - Thornton

SG - Gordon

PG - Wade

Both teams contend if Griffin stays healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers snag a 3-4 seed with either of those five.

But I take credit for this idea. I've been saying this since the night Griffin was drafted, so the LA Times needs to grab some new ideas. :lol: ;)

One of the two (LeBron or Wade) would be smart to go there. LeBron would play the three, obviously, with talent surrounding him.

C - Kaman

PF - Griffin

SF - LeBron

SG - Gordon

PG - Davis

Wade would play the point, and the Clippers would either trade Baron, or bring him off the bench (it would take quite a bit to convince him of the latter).

C - Kaman

PF - Griffin

SF - Thornton

SG - Gordon

PG - Wade

Both teams contend if Griffin stays healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers snag a 3-4 seed with either of those five.

But I take credit for this idea. I've been saying this since the night Griffin was drafted, so the LA Times needs to grab some new ideas. :lol: ;)

Wade has said he does not want to play the point.

If he did i think the Heat would have an easier time setting up a better line up.