Who should make the All Star team from Boston?

Celtics3420

Ok, so looking at those first returns got me thinking about who should make the team in my opinion.

I think Pierce will make it for sure, in fact, i think he is the only one who will for sure make it.

Ray Allen isn't an all star this year. As vital as he is to this team, he's not an all star.He's been too inconsistent this year.

If KG can keep up his level of play so far this month into the All Star break he'll make it without a doubt IMO. Or the fans will prolly vote him in, but i also see Bosh making some sort of "get me in" thing to overtake KG in votes to be the starter after LBJ. So, if he continues his current play, he';s in. I say if he continues mainly because of how insane bosh is playing right now.

Rondo is an all star this year. As much as people outside of Boston hate him, you can't doubt he's been playing at an All star level this entire season. He's been taking over the 4th for us and is leading this team. Paul is the Captain, but Rondo is the General. He should definitely be in IMO.

Perkins is an all star this year. Aside from Dwight, who is rightfully the starter for the east at center, i dont see another Center in the east that i'd take over Perkins. He's clearly overtaken Garnett as the anchor of this defense IMO, and he's been efficient with his opportunities scoring wise. He may not be putting up the rebounding numbers you'd expect a C to, but we're winning games and its because of defense, and perk is the anchor. The only guy you can possibly make a case for over Perk is Brook Lopez, but i'd take Perk over brook as an all star this year.

So in short.

Pierce-All Star

Allen-Not an All Star

Garnett-Possibly an All Star

Rondo-All Star

Perkins-All Star

So i think 3 Celtics are deserving so far, and only one will for sure make it, seeing how you can't have a top 2 team in the league not have an all star. Of the other 2, Rondo has the best chance of making it while perk won't get any love from the coaches seeing how Shaq will an undeserving nod as a reserve.

Perkins is definitely not making the all-star game lmao, Shaq will get the nod over him based on his resume alone. Perkins is nice, in fact better than I probably give him credit for. But he is a role player at best, not an all star, give me a break. Lee would get in before Perkins did.

In order I would go Pierce, Rondo, Allen, KG. Honestly Perkins seems to be as useful as KG is at this point, KG looks like a shell of his old self from what I've seen, still effective none the less.

In actuality if the Celtics have more than 2 all-stars then someone else in the East is getting robbed, I wouldn't be surprised if the big 4 all made it though even though there are way better options out there. Celtics kinda remind me of the Pistons a few years ago, when they had no all-stars statistically IMO but still had 4 guys in there somehow.

I hate seeing second rate stars or mediocre players even get considered for the all-star game just based on team success, sorry but guys like Jameer Nelson, Mo Williams, Kendrick Perkins are not all stars. Rondo should only get in because of how weak the East is for PG's. The best players should get in the all-star games, not the best players on the best teams strictly, while I agree that should be considered someone like Perkins shouldn't get in over Lopez or Lee who are having tremendous years, almost both are 20-10 players right now. And it's not as if they are chucking, they are both playing as efficiently as you could want.

Perkins is definitely not making the all-star game lmao, Shaq will get the nod over him based on his resume alone. Perkins is nice, in fact better than I probably give him credit for. But he is a role player at best, not an all star, give me a break. Lee would get in before Perkins did.

In order I would go Pierce, Rondo, Allen, KG. Honestly Perkins seems to be as useful as KG is at this point, KG looks like a shell of his old self from what I've seen, still effective none the less.

In actuality if the Celtics have more than 2 all-stars then someone else in the East is getting robbed, I wouldn't be surprised if the big 4 all made it though even though there are way better options out there. Celtics kinda remind me of the Pistons a few years ago, when they had no all-stars statistically IMO but still had 4 guys in there somehow.

I hate seeing second rate stars or mediocre players even get considered for the all-star game just based on team success, sorry but guys like Jameer Nelson, Mo Williams, Kendrick Perkins are not all stars. Rondo should only get in because of how weak the East is for PG's. The best players should get in the all-star games, not the best players on the best teams strictly, while I agree that should be considered someone like Perkins shouldn't get in over Lopez or Lee who are having tremendous years, almost both are 20-10 players right now. And it's not as if they are chucking, they are both playing as efficiently as you could want.

First off, have you even read my post? I never said he'd get in, i only said i think he deserved it. I'm pretty sure i went over how Shaq would pretty much get in for no good reason and that Brook could also be in the discussion as a reserve. Brook is putting up 20/10 on 50% shooting, ok. Perk is getting 12/8 off of 66% shooting. Lopez is taking twice as many attempts as Perk and was/is the focal point of that dreadful team. Don't get me wrong, im not saying perk is capable of being a primary scorer if given the opportunity, but, he is capable of scoring, and efficiently at that.

As for Lee, he's clearly listed as a Forward(his natural position btw). Aside from Brook, who i've stated in my post as the only other choice as a reserve aside from shaq who will likely get the nod, there is NO ONE i'd take over perk in the east.

As for us having more than 2 all stars, how is someone getting robbed? Pierce is the only sure in for a reserve spot. KG as a voted in, but i've stated Bosh will end up overtaking him. Allen is too damn inconsistent this year that i've written him off at this point. 3 deserve it IMO, 1 is likely. The 3, Perk, Pierce, Rondo, the probably is KG.

Rondo has the best chance of making it while perk won't get any love from the coaches seeing how Shaq will an undeserving nod as a reserve.

Now as for Rondo making it only because of how weak the east is at the PG. While i agree that the east is particularly weak at PG, i disagree that Rondo should only make it because of that. Have you seen the kid play this year? This Rondo is much improved. He's playing like an all star. He's taking over games in the 4th and leading this team on that floor.

Also, one of your statements puzzled me.

Celtics kinda remind me of the Pistons a few years ago, when they had no all-stars statistically IMO but still had 4 guys in there somehow.

Ummm, yea...statistically? I'm aware that no one on the C's have all star numbers, but just because you don't put up spectacular stats doesn't mean you're not an all star caliber player...

Ummm, yea...statistically? I'm aware that no one on the C's have all star numbers, but just because you don't put up spectacular stats doesn't mean you're not an all star caliber player...

It does when considering who should make the team especially with the Celtics given the players ages. With the Celtics roster it is hard to determine what to chalk up to age decline or a chemistry statistical decline.

You can be an all-star caliber player, but the guys having all-star seasons are the ones who should be in the game.

I wouldn't suggest Lee make the C slot if he wasn't listed as a C, check ESPN dummy, unless ESPN is not a credible enough stat site for you :rofl:

The fact a 12-7 player might be considered for the all star game says more about the lack of big men then it does about his season. Lopez is easily the best C in the east and having easily the 2nd best year, if not the best, he should most definitely be in the game but he won't because his team stinks. Dwight is having a pretty mediocre year by his standards, 18-12 compared to Lopez getting 20-10.

I have no problems with your opinions besides the Perkins one, he isn't an all-star, not now, not this year not ever. The best players are supposed to be in the all-star games, not guys who average mediocre numbers and are being considered just because he is on a good team.

You can be an all-star caliber player, but the guys having all-star seasons are the ones who should be in the game.

I wouldn't suggest Lee make the C slot if he wasn't listed as a C, check ESPN dummy, unless ESPN is not a credible enough stat site for you :rofl:

The fact a 12-7 player might be considered for the all star game says more about the lack of big men then it does about his season. Lopez is easily the best C in the east and having easily the 2nd best year, if not the best, he should most definitely be in the game but he won't because his team stinks. Dwight is having a pretty mediocre year by his standards, 18-12 compared to Lopez getting 20-10.

I have no problems with your opinions besides the Perkins one, he isn't an all-star, not now, not this year not ever. The best players are supposed to be in the all-star games, not guys who average mediocre numbers and are being considered just because he is on a good team.

Have you voted for the All Star game? They put him up for vote as a F. So that's what im going from.

Also, i wouldn't go as far to say he's the easily the best C. Stats don't speak on everything, Dwight is still the best in the east, and the league for that matter.

Perk is considered a top 5 post defender among the league. So while he doesn't put up those flashy 20/10 #'s, that doesn't mean he isn't all star caliber this year. Mediocre offensive player, but elite defensive player. No way that makes him a mediocre player. By that logic, Scorers who score but play mediocre defense shouldn't be considered either right? But it's like i said, stats aren't everything.

It does when considering who should make the team especially with the Celtics given the players ages. With the Celtics roster it is hard to determine what to chalk up to age decline or a chemistry statistical decline.

Pierce, Garnett, Allen. All 3 had their stats drastically stop as soon as they arrived in Boston. Why? Because they're not trying to "get theirs". Just because they're older, doesn't mean they're no longer all star caliber. Shaq has slown down ALOT due to age. If that were the case with this Boston team, i highly doubt we'd be 19-4.

Pierce, Garnett, Allen. All 3 had their stats drastically stop as soon as they arrived in Boston. Why? Because they're not trying to "get theirs". Just because they're older, doesn't mean they're no longer all star caliber. Shaq has slown down ALOT due to age. If that were the case with this Boston team, i highly doubt we'd be 19-4.

Which all three of the big 3 continue to decline in their stats so maybe it is due to age. Their record does not have much to do with who we can call individual all-stars now either.

And how can you say that Shaq has slowed A LOT due to age?

Last season he was putting up nearly 20/10/2 in only 30 minutes of play and had zero ball hogs on his team.

Not at all the same case this season. He is getting lowered minutes, only putting up back up minutes and he is next to one of the most selfish players in the league whose style of play actually conflicts with Shaqs.

Now i am not saying that Shaq has not declined.. of course he has, but it is pretty hard to judge the direction his decline came from this season.

My point is, you cannot say that, say... KG ('08 - 31mpg, 15ppg, 8.5rpg, 1.2bpg) is still all star caliber and his decline is simply due to the people around him while Shaqs ('08 - 30mpg, 18ppg, 8.5rpg, 1.4bpg) decline is because he is dying out as a star. Both players are no longer the single stars of their team, both players have 2 or more all stars on their squad next to them, and both players are no longer the first option.

• Like 1