What happened to Wade?

Poe

It's a quarter into the season, and it's looking like Wade isn't quite putting up the same MVP-like performance that he was doing last year.

Last year, Wade averaged 30.2 points and 7.5 assists, while shooting 49% from the field, and 32% from 3 averaging 3.5 attempts and making 1.1 each game.

This year, Wade is averaging 27.1 points and 6.0 assists, while shooting 43% from the field, and 24% from 3 averaging 3.8 attempts and making .9 each game.

Thing is, you would think that the percentages would even out as the season progresses, but it doesn't look to be that way looking at last year's performance from Wade.

Here's last year's monthly PPG and FG%:

November: 28.9 PPG, 50% FG, 30% 3PT

December: 29.2 PPG, 46% FG, 18% 3PT

January: 28.1 PPG, 48% FG, 33% 3PT

February: 30.9 PPG, 50% FG, 31% 3PT

March: 33.7 PPG, 50% FG, 35% 3PT

April: 33.5 PPG, 51% FG, 45% 3PT

This year's numbers so far:

November 26.9 PPG, 42% FG, 28% 3PT

December: 27.0 PPG, 42% FG, 0% 3PT (0-9)

I don't like to think in black and white and just say Wade is "in a slump" or something like that. Last year he consistently shot 50% from the field and shot 30% from 3 in just about every month, except for the abnormally low percentage in December and the abnormally high percentage in April. This year, there's obviously something that's causing Wade's downplay on his performance. I think I might know what it is, but I want to know what you guys think?

Edited by Poe

Maybe he is just not trying to get hurt knowing the market that is about to open up for him come this offseason?

He's averaging the most FTA in the league at 11.2 per game, right above Dwight Howard at 10.4, Chris Bosh at 10.2, and Melo at 9.6.

He is still playing good, just not compared to last season where he was on fire. Still a good chunk of the season to go though, and he leads the East in All-Star votes. There is not much more he can do now, he is playing great and we are pretty much 500. after we got off to a great start, don't now who to blame because Beasley and Haslem are playing well too.

Teams are definitely doubling him more but he's always getting the other teams best defender night in and night out. His jumper has really been off this year. I'm talking off like off in his rookie year lol.