Calderon's Hip Injury Worse Than Thought

Just when you thought a loss couldn't get any uglier comes news that Jose Calderon's hip injury now appears the sort that will keep him out of the lineup for the long term.

How long won't be known until today. Calderon aggravated the injury last night and underwent diagnostic testing after the game to get a better gauge of the severity.

The fifth-year point guard went through the club's shootaround yesterday without problems and while he didn't take his regular spot in the starting lineup, did play in last night's game.

Calderon came in for Jarrett Jack with three minutes left in the first quarter and then left with 71/2 minutes remaining in the second quarter. He did not play any more and to hear head coach Jay Triano tell it, it might be a while before he plays again.

Triano was asked if he thought it would be a long-term injury. " I don't know because I haven't talked to anyone yet, but I would speculate yes," Triano said.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/12/12/12130286-sun.html

Oh joy, now the Raptors offense is going to be stagnant as [expletive], to go along with the matadoric defense that they play.

I hate this team. :(

Edited by Built Ford Tough

This could actually be a good thing. Nothing against Calderon, though having Jack start brings a somewhat better defense to the back-court, plus gives Turkoglu a chance to run the offense more often and get him more involved overall, and it will also give Marco a chance to be a bit more ball dominant off the bench as well.

I think the team will be more than fine without Jose for the long run.

I would agree with this^^^, but Triano seems content on playing Banks a lot, which is a badddd idea.

LOL so true. But Jacks been steppin up lately, and it never hurts to add SOME defence to the starting 5. Calderon is too save anyways, i like that Jack takes chances

I'm starting to think that using Jose in his 2005-2008 role off the bench could be a good idea, he could really spark the offense, not that Jack doesn't just the starting lineup needs some D, something Jack does.

Edited by BasX