Remember when Gay and Mayo had to be separated...

La Bomba

...And people were making a big deal about it?

Well the last few games I've watched, they have looked like the best of friends, talking to each other after timeouts, laughing together and they even have their own handshake during timeouts.

People were saying this would never work because they were two high ego players, but as of late, they get along perfectly.

I think a lot of the credit has to go to Lionel Hollins. He isn't the greatest coach, and I'll be the first to tell you that but he has been known to deal with egos very well.

(I know I already made a post about this, but there were a few things I wanted to add).

People always make too big of a deal over players getting into it during practices or timeouts and what not. I actually love seeing this kind of behaviour from players, as long as it isn't a reoccuring thing. It shows that they are passionate and aren't happy with what is going on. In the Grizzlies case, they got off to a very slow start and with Mayo and Gay both being very competitive players, they let their competitiveness get the best of them and it caused a bit of an exchange. Highly competitive people don't deal well with losing and there is nothing wrong with that, especially in professional sports.

A similar thing happened to the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier this season as they got off to a horrid start and two players got into it at a practice. Since that incident both players involved have played much better and the team has played better as well.

I would much rather have a team full of players who get absolutely pissed off when they are losing, even if it means that they cross the line on occasion, than a team full of players that seem content with losing and don't get upset by it. I would absolutely love to get home from school and read about Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani getting into a bit of a fight/argument at practice because it shows that they are pissed off with how the season is going and, at the very least, shows that they have some pride.

• Like 1

He used to have a big one. He was basically the main one campaigning to fire Ivaroni (which was a good thing), and he pouted a lot when he didn't get the ball at times last year. I think he matured a lot over the summer while playing for Team USA.