Christmas With Kobe Bryant, Featuring LeBron James and Shaq

BlueDevil

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the much anticipated battle of MVP’s, Christmas looks to be one of the best nights to catch a classic in the making. Surely when LeBron and Co. Head into the Staples Center, they can be sure to find an arena full of Christmas cheer. Just don’t be surprised if they find a lump of coal in their stockings too.

Yes the epic “LeBron Vs. Kobe” matchup is the highlight of Christmas, right between watching “A Christmas Story” for the 500th time and seeing your parents pass out during the one time of year they drink. With Kobe showing the world he’s not human by scoring a season high 42 points with a broken finger in his shooting hand, this one’s surely to be a sign of things to come.

This also marks the first time Shaq takes on Kobe since O’Neal became a Cavalier, hoping to complete his trifecta of winning rings with the three best players on the planet. The Lakers will be counting on their twin towers of Gasol and Bynum to patrol the paint, while Ron Artest will attempt to play the role of Scrooge on LeBron.

It looks like the only thing that may hinder this game is timing. The 5pm eastern start time coincides directly with typical American Holiday meal times, which may cause a number of diehard fans to ruin Christmas by hogging their brand new 60 inch plasma, perfect size to see LeBron dunking on Fisher (just a guess, seems to be happening to Fisher a lot lately).

The Cavs have done their best to put together a veteran team to help LeBron win a ring, while the Lakers will be looking to extend their winning streak on Christmas day and prove why their number one and favourites to repeat. With these two explosive talents, expect nothing less than a Christmas miracle (shot that is) to win this game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/309521-christmas-with-kobe-featuring-lebron-and-shaq

Thats why this is not about the two teams it is strictly about Kobe vs Lebron. The Cavs cant match up with the Lakers (or any of the elite teams) everyone knows that. This year should be another matchup where Kobe shuts down Lebron again, Bron was held to like 30 % FG shooting in last years 2 games combined vs Kobe. Although this year Artest should be the one shutting him down.

Personally, I'm kind of tired of the whole "Kobe vs LeBron" thing by now. It's gotten old for me. I want to see the two most complete teams in the league go at it.

Besides, LeBron's highlights feels like watching the same replay over and over. It's either some sort of one handed, head-above-the-rim transition dunk, some sort of behind the head and-one lay up, or a no-look pass in traffic. I know he's the MVP and all that, but I can't help but feel tired of this guy. Maybe it's him being talked about in the media so much, idk.

When Kobe has the ball, you don't know what he's going to do with it. Nothing feels repetitive with him. Plus, Kobe has teammates and a reliable offensive system, unlike Mike Brown's "give LeBron the ball and watch him dance" strategy.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

Just remember this is a new Cleveland team. We're 19-5 since the 0-2 start, and beat Orlando and Miami on the road back to back.

I think the Cavs are motivated to win this. This year they seem like the team that loses the games they should win against teams like Memphis and Charlotte for example as opposed to last year.

7-2 vs. .500 or better too.

Personally, I'm kind of tired of the whole "Kobe vs LeBron" thing by now. It's gotten old for me. I want to see the two most complete teams in the league go at it.

Besides, LeBron's highlights feels like watching the same replay over and over. It's either some sort of one handed, head-above-the-rim transition dunk, some sort of behind the head and-one lay up, or a no-look pass in traffic. I know he's the MVP and all that, but I can't help but feel tired of this guy. Maybe it's him being talked about in the media so much, idk.

When Kobe has the ball, you don't know what he's going to do with it. Nothing feels repetitive with him. Plus, Kobe has teammates and a reliable offensive system, unlike Mike Brown's "give LeBron the ball and watch him dance" strategy.

couldnt agree more. I for one am sick of the NBA's love for LeBron, but nonetheless he will always be thrown in our face. Its time for the NBA to change things up a bit, like Melo against Kobe, the two best pure scorers in the game today (yes Melo is a far better scorer than LeBron)

I think the Cavs are motivated to win this. This year they seem like the team that loses the games they should win against teams like Memphis and Charlotte for example as opposed to last year.

These two teams are the type of teams that can beat any team in the league, yet their record doesn't show it. Charlotte, for example, is a grind-it-out team with scrappy defense. Their defense alone allows them to be a threat for any team in the league, but their inconsistent offense keeps their record from shining. This year, they beat Atlanta, Cleveland, AND Denver. I remember them being successful against good teams last year, too, yet people still constantly bring up Charlotte to the "teams a good team lost against but should've won", like when I hear the media talk about the Lakers last year.

Also, Memphis is more than meets the eye, but for different reasons. It's simply a team with a butload of a talent, yet their lack of ball movement will make them inconsistent, because all their offense is is going 1on1 with different players, offensive boards, and a transition game. This month alone, right before defeating Cleveland they beat Dallas, and right after they beat Miami. I can see them being a threat on any given night, but I don't see them making the playoffs.

It's not so much that the Cavs LOST those games, but it's that their opposing team simply beat them out. I'm not high on the Grizzlies, but I've always said that Charlotte would be a tough playoff team. Hopefully they'll finally get there with the addition of Stephen Jackson.