Tiger Woods is named AP athlete of the decade

The Regime

Tiger Woods may be better known for his off-course antics these days, but his golfing skills Tuesday earned him the Associated Press athlete of the decade honours.

Woods posted 64 victories during the last 10 years, including 12 majors. Among his golf exploits during the decade are an amazing 56 PGA Tour victories, earning him 56 of 142 votes by AP member editors.

Link

The question is will he be remembered for the things he did this decade or will he be remembered for the thing that have come out in the last month?

Is Kobe remembered for winning for rings or for cheating on his wife?

The media should forget this garbage already.

Edited by La Bomba
  • Like 2

Is Kobe remembered for winning for rings or for cheating on his wife?

The media should forget this garbage already.

I would completely agree he now is remembered for his great play on the court.

But you also have to remember that Kobe was no where near the point that Woods is at right now when he was accused. Woods is at a level of popularity right now that Kobe will probably never reach, Woods is the biggest worldwide athlete his news right now is on every television in the world (trust me my family even has indian news channels). So to say that it will just blow away after it is resolved is tough to say.

I would completely agree he now is remembered for his great play on the court.

But you also have to remember that Kobe was no where near the point that Woods is at right now when he was accused. Woods is at a level of popularity right now that Kobe will probably never reach, Woods is the biggest worldwide athlete his news right now is on every television in the world (trust me my family even has indian news channels). So to say that it will just blow away after it is resolved is tough to say.

I'm not sure about that. If you go to Europe or South America and I bet there are more people that know a basketball player than a golfer. Basketball is the second most popular sport in the world behind soccer. When I go to Spain, not too many people know who Tiger Woods is, nor do they care because golf isn't a big sport at all.

I bet most people know who Kobe, LeBron, Christiano Ronaldo, or Messi is than Tiger Woods. No one really cares that much about golf.

I'm not sure about that. If you go to Europe or South America and I bet there are more people that know a basketball player than a golfer. Basketball is the second most popular sport in the world behind soccer. When I go to Spain, not too many people know who Tiger Woods is, nor do they care because golf isn't a big sport at all.

I bet most people know who Kobe, LeBron, Christiano Ronaldo, or Messi is than Tiger Woods. No one really cares that much about golf.

Ok.......so are you dening that he is the biggest athlete in the world?

lol even if you are it is tough to say that it will just pass off after it has been resolved.

Ok.......so are you dening that he is the biggest athlete in the world?

lol even if you are it is tough to say that it will just pass off after it has been resolved.

Yes, guys like Messi, Ronaldo, or Lebron are more known than Tiger Woods.

I was watching TV, and they were saying that if Tiger was white, people wouldn't care as much.

And I think that's true. He's a minority playing a predominantly white sport and he's good at it. Golf isn't that popular of a sport for Woods to be as followed as he is.

Edited by La Bomba

Congrats to him. This is for athlete of the decade, not role model. Damn those writers who took their votes back. It really pisses me off how the media is swirling around Wooods' life. Can we listen to something else? I expect this from ESPN, but CNN and other 24/7 all-around news? Come on.